4110 wont go...

/ 4110 wont go... #1  

MLinOleMiss

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4110
Today while grading my road, I noticed that my 4110 was getting slower and slower. I was driving along and drove through a wet spot in the road. The tractor just stopped, rpm's remained at the same level, tires didn't spin, didn't bind the engine up, it just wouldn't go. I switched from mid range second gear to low range second gear and the tractor moved along, but anything other than low range at the first sign of stress, the tractor simply stops moving forward. What gives, its an 04 with 375 hours, no burning clutch smell, no binding of the engine, all hydraulics work fine, temp is normal. Everything works just the same, except it stops moving.

/ 4110 wont go... #2  
Your clutch is in dire need of adjustment....Bobg in VA

/ 4110 wont go...
Thanks, I have been waiting for the weather to straighten out before servicing it for the summer, but I will load it up and take it in tomorrow.

/ 4110 wont go...
Clutch adjusted and back in business.

/ 4110 wont go... #5  
I am experiencing this same issue with my 4110. It will perform basically normal in LOW (1-4) as well as MED 1 or 2, but as soon as it's under load going up a hill or a muddy spot even on flat ground, it stops going. I can either leave it in the same gear it's in, and it will eventually get going after about 5-10 seconds, or shift down into a lower gear and it'll get going again. This is indicative of a clutch adjustment being necessary? And that's just following the clutch adjustment in the manual, utilizing the nuts on the rod? The manual leaves a bit to be desired, any pointers?

We had a mobile mechanic out to look at it and he said it needs a new clutch, but that was before I found this thread. Hoping I can adjust something and get us going again without needing to dump thousands into a clutch job.