4110 wont start just rapid clicks

/ 4110 wont start just rapid clicks #21  
I'm (Joe1shoe) a JD 4710 owner who came in the thread late. My tractor quit on me suddenly on a refuel stop afer working all day. I was searching for a resolution and found this thread. The ideas were all good. But no one ever said what fixed the 4110 owner's issue. So I tried two of them at once to get back to work fast.

Thought I would let you know what my fix was because I don't ofen see a battery go from working great to shorting out with one turn of the key. And I'd like to know what worked for the 4110 guy. Seems like an unfinished story....

/ 4110 wont start just rapid clicks #22  
I
Thought I would let you know what my fix was because I don't ofen see a battery go from working great to shorting out with one turn of the key. And I'd like to know what worked for the 4110 guy. Seems like an unfinished story....

I've had that happen several times, always with house brand batteries. Due to weak or shoddy construction, the heavy current blows an internal connection just like a fuse going. In some cases, a volt meter will show a full charge under no load conditions, but a load test will fail. That usually means a grid has corroded to the point that it partially collapsed and can no longer sustain a heavy current flow.