4200 engine rebuild

/ 4200 engine rebuild
Did coolant spill out? Will it cool off if you bring it back to idle? Have you check for bubbles in the radiator cap at idle? Fan belt tight? Inspected the waterpump to make sure something isn't screwed up with the vanes?

When the headgasket went on mine (long story) I was smelling coolant blowing out the reservoir bottle while working it hard with a flail mower a long time before the temp gauge started moving.
No none of that happened

/ 4200 engine rebuild
Did coolant spill out? Will it cool off if you bring it back to idle? Have you check for bubbles in the radiator cap at idle? Fan belt tight? Inspected the waterpump to make sure something isn't screwed up with the vanes?

When the headgasket went on mine (long story) I was smelling coolant blowing out the reservoir bottle while working it hard with a flail mower a long time before the temp gauge started moving.
I hope you don't mind me asking a dumb question but on the water pump the impeller is encased in the housing how would I know if that was bad or not without seeing it

/ 4200 engine rebuild #23  
I hope you don't mind me asking a dumb question but on the water pump the impeller is encased in the housing how would I know if that was bad or not without seeing it

You already said your water pump is good. How did you determine yours was good? Did you replace it?

/ 4200 engine rebuild
You already said your water pump is good. How did you determine yours was good? Did you replace it?
No someone told me it was good. But do I trust someone who knows about as much as Me? If you don't want to tell me I guess I can ask someone else. Thanks anyway

/ 4200 engine rebuild #25  
If you don't have a leak not bubbles or coolant in the oil than you are probably wasting your time with a rebuild. Need to check the thermostat and water pump. Pull them out and inspect. Make sure your belt is not slipping. Pull the belt and see how tight the water pump is, that will be a good indication of the bearing in the pump. How do you know the radiator is good? Pull the hoses and run water thru it to see how it flows, it could just be clogged. Do you see coolant flowing when you pull the radiator cap? Pull it when cold not hot and let it warm up. Should see coolant movement. You need to do a lot more investigating before you open up the engine. Odds are if you rebuild it, it won't fix it.

/ 4200 engine rebuild #26  
If you don't have a leak not bubbles or coolant in the oil than you are probably wasting your time with a rebuild. Need to check the thermostat and water pump. Pull them out and inspect. Make sure your belt is not slipping. Pull the belt and see how tight the water pump is, that will be a good indication of the bearing in the pump. How do you know the radiator is good? Pull the hoses and run water thru it to see how it flows, it could just be clogged. Do you see coolant flowing when you pull the radiator cap? Pull it when cold not hot and let it warm up. Should see coolant movement. You need to do a lot more investigating before you open up the engine. Odds are if you rebuild it, it won't fix it.
I assume the radiator is clear and not clogged with Dust and grass?

/ 4200 engine rebuild
Ok well I took the thermostat out and ran the engine and the water is not circulating

/ 4200 engine rebuild
I already ran water through the radiator it flows nicely

/ 4200 engine rebuild #29  
Ok well I took the thermostat out and ran the engine and the water is not circulating
Replace the pump. Usually a good time to do the belt thermostat and hoses. Lower hose probably has a spring innit to keep it from collapsing. Pull the thermostat and flush the engine. Make sure there is no blockage.

/ 4200 engine rebuild
Replace the pump. Usually a good time to do the belt thermostat and hoses. Lower hose probably has a spring innit to keep it from collapsing. Pull the thermostat and flush the engine. Make sure there is no blockage.
Ok
Thanks