425 48 inch mower deck

/ 425 48 inch mower deck #1  

weeder

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 425 lawn tractor
Hi everybody my question is I'm looking for a smaller mower deck for my 425 I have found one that this guys says will fit? I am currently waiting on pics. I have a 54 inch but it has been welded so many times and is just about shot. Does anybody have any pics of a 48 inch so I can compare with what he says he has? I can't seem to find any on the web mostly 54 and 60 in decks. I really appreciate all the help from everyone on this forum.
Thanks oldandretired

/ 425 48 inch mower deck
Ok the guy sent me 2 pics of this mower deck. Here is the number on the deck tell me if it will fil my 425 John Deere. MO48CAA078200. It says it is a 48C Convertible??? It looks diff where the lift arms are? I hope someone can help me on this??

/ 425 48 inch mower deck
ANYBODY???

/ 425 48 inch mower deck #4  
Tractor data shows a 48" mower listed for it ... You might get some help on green tractor talk...

/ 425 48 inch mower deck
Ok that helps a lot!!!

/ 425 48 inch mower deck #7  
Being the 48C convertible deck, it is likely for the X series tractors (later model than the 400's). Lift arms do engage differently, at least they did on my 54C convertible deck I had for my X485 (sold) and my 54" decks on my 425. Uses a J-hook instead of a slot.
Because you have the pics, post them for us to see and maybe we can be more help pointing out any differences.

48c deck link to jd parts

and the 48 deck for 425

Last edited:
   / 425 48 inch mower deck
Being the 48C convertible deck, it is likely for the X series tractors (later model than the 400's). Lift arms do engage differently, at least they did on my 54C convertible deck I had for my X485 (sold) and my 54" decks on my 425. Uses a J-hook instead of a slot.
Because you have the pics, post them for us to see and maybe we can be more help pointing out any differences.

48c deck link to jd parts

and the 48 deck for 425
I would certainly post the pics but I really don't know how??? All I know is by the pics that he sent it looks like the brackets on the deck are outside of the mower itself instead of underneath the body of the mower like mine is on the 425. If you have an e-mail address I could send them to you?

/ 425 48 inch mower deck #9  
I would certainly post the pics but I really don't know how??? All I know is by the pics that he sent it looks like the brackets on the deck are outside of the mower itself instead of underneath the body of the mower like mine is on the 425. If you have an e-mail address I could send them to you?

What did you use to take the photos ?

Most photos have an extension of .jpg And example of a photo name would be:
my flowers.jpg

Do you have your photos on your computer or whatever you are using to post here ?

Richard

/ 425 48 inch mower deck
I didn't take the photos the guy sent them to me that is trying to sell it to me. I have them on my e-mail on my home computer. I am not very computer savvy that's why I don't know how to move them to this forum.