430 baler tying problems

/ 430 baler tying problems #11  
Welcome to TBN
Are all 5 springs in place on twine pump mechanism? Have you liberally greased fittings(keys 48 &49) on twine gear assembly??

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    63.4 KB · Views: 224
   / 430 baler tying problems #12  
High pressure washing can lead to brg failure from water being pushed past brg seals. Blowing off with air is better choice for cleaning.
Tx Jim how did you like the JD 430 you had? I am thinking of buying one? I know this is a old post but I see we share the same area code.

/ 430 baler tying problems #13  
Although it's been many yrs & rd bales made since I owned one, JD 430 rd balers are good balers except for the fact they came with single twine arm,no surface wrap capability or bale push bar. I remember demonstrating & selling them when they were brand new back in the early 80's. With a little ingenuity dual twine arms & bale push bar could be added to a 430. If bale core starting becomes a problem one needs to weld a bead on leading edge of each rectangular bar on starter roll to give roll more grip on hay. If possible open tailgate/LOCK OPEN with valve then check inside of bale chamber for holes worn in side sheets of baler. If your referring to the 430 rd baler located in Weatherford for sale on CL I think it's too high $$$$ for it's age. How many steps can you see on the tread on the bale forming belts?

I think the newer models with Mega-wide pick up are easier to operate & make a more level bale easier plus I prefer electronic operated wrapping over the hydraulic type such as the 430. Although IMHO a 466 Mega-wide pick up wasn't one of JD engineers shining moments as they leave a lot to be desired.