4300 engine rebuild

/ 4300 engine rebuild #12  
Do check out Small engine wharehouse. com Give then the model and serial number and they may have a replacement engine to fit. On the other hand I would question 16k for a rebuid

/ 4300 engine rebuild #13  
Before tearing it down you need to investigate the problem. It could even be a head gasket blown into an area putting exhaust into the crankcase. Or a cracked head doing the same thing.

Agreed. I would pull the head before doing anything else.

/ 4300 engine rebuild
I believe they already pulled the head and that's how they found the scoring. They did tell me that the injectors are stuck in the head and they couldn't get them out.

/ 4300 engine rebuild #15  
I would pick up my tractor ASAP and hopefully get all my parts back!
This is a situation where things could go missing.
And double check as best you can to see if they are your parts. (colors match??)
I bought a boat once from a guy that sold it instead of getting it repaired by a dealer.
When I picked it up at the dealer I got a mixture of parts, some not even from the boat engine!
They were pissed because I gave him more for the boat than they offered. They tried to low ball him.
Try to post pics of the cylinders too.
If not that bad I would suspect problems with the head. ??? (couldn't get injectors out, hummm?)

/ 4300 engine rebuild #16  
Reading this thread with interest. OP states he took the tractor to the dealer. Is this a JD dealer? I think I would be going up the food chain as this "dealer" is giving them a black eye. Having said that, I concur in getting it away from them asap. Probably going to cost you labor in the tear down (hope they don't soak you). I have to ask, is there any possibility starting fluid was used on it? I have seen massive damage from the incorrect use of starting fluid on diesel engines.
David

/ 4300 engine rebuild
I cant get any pics because I am out of town. This is a jd dealer and they have always treated me right before. I just think this is more than what they want to do.I hope they don't screw me on sending me back with all my parts.

/ 4300 engine rebuild
As far as starting fluid I think the last time was 2 years ago.

/ 4300 engine rebuild
So I got my tractor back last we. After looking over the cylinders and having a knowledgeable friend look at it we can't find any scratches much less any gauges. We did find metal shaving on the top of the head. I'm taking the head to a engine rebuild machine shop that has a good n a me for them self. Between them and what others have told me it kinda sounds like I lost a valve guide or seal.

/ 4300 engine rebuild #20  
So I got my tractor back last we. After looking over the cylinders and having a knowledgeable friend look at it we can't find any scratches much less any gauges. We did find metal shaving on the top of the head. I'm taking the head to a engine rebuild machine shop that has a good n a me for them self. Between them and what others have told me it kinda sounds like I lost a valve guide or seal.

Expensive repair?