4300 Hour Meter blank

/ 4300 Hour Meter blank #11  
I guess the mystery is where the '2' was added, but no big deal. The Allied # matches, and price is identical, so I will order. Strange how the description of the item does not match identical to the specifications on their own site, by voltage or dimensions, but if yours fit and functions, who's to care, not me. Thanks again for the info and the dedication and knowledge to make the repair ourselves, I am certain I am not the only one who will use this information to make the repair.

/ 4300 Hour Meter blank #13  
Thanks for the info,hope I never have to use it.

/ 4300 Hour Meter blank #14  
Here's the link I found, let us know how it works for you wuntun

ENM Company - T111AB - 6 digit DC 8-28 VDC 1.2W x .6H black LCD Hour Meter - Allied Electronics

I'm wondering if this will work for our 5420?
Kyle, the link you found is the exact one I used to order from, thanks for posting it, as I do not know how to do that yet.
I would best guess since your 5420 is of the same year models as the 4x10's series made in Augusta, Ga. (2002-2004), that it may be the same part. I suppose you will have to take out the cluster and ID the meter like Malbert did for the 4x10's. The discrepancy I found is, and I quote:
"ENM Hour Meter, LCD, black, 1.2W x .6H, 8-28 VDC, DC, 6 digit"

then just below in the specifications notice the size and voltage difference:

Specifications
Dimensions : 1.3" L x 0.73" H
Display Digit Height: 5 mm
Display Type : Digital, LCD
Function : Hour Meter
Supply Voltage : 4.5 to 28 VDC VDC

Probably listing over-all size in specs, and display size in description, I ordered anyway since Malbert already used it and it works. Heck, this same meter might be used in many more tractors, since manufacturers like to buy in bulk. I might even order a couple more for other equipment I have that does not have an hour meter.

/ 4300 Hour Meter blank #15  
I ordered the meter from Allied on Sat. and received the meter on Thur., pretty darn fast! And while waiting on it to arrive, found this technical data page from ENM on the web. http://catalog.enmco.com/Asset/658.pdf
So the difference as stated earlier of discrepancy in dimensions, is explained on here the overall dimensions and display dimensions, and shows wiring diagram. As for the wiring up correctly, Malbert already figured this out through trial :thumbsup:, but might give some peace of mind for some people. On another note: Call me o.c.d. but I keep records on all my equipment, so, I am going to hook mine up to a battery for 16.83 days to match original hours (404) before install. :mad: But, unfortunately, My FIL passed away (82 yr. old):( so we are going to be very busy with all that ensues with that for sometime.

/ 4300 Hour Meter blank #16  
I ordered the meter from Allied on Sat. and received the meter on Thur., pretty darn fast! And while waiting on it to arrive, found this technical data page from ENM on the web. http://catalog.enmco.com/Asset/658.pdf
So the difference as stated earlier of discrepancy in dimensions, is explained on here the overall dimensions and display dimensions, and shows wiring diagram. As for the wiring up correctly, Malbert already figured this out through trial :thumbsup:, but might give some peace of mind for some people. On another note: Call me o.c.d. but I keep records on all my equipment, so, I am going to hook mine up to a battery for 16.83 days to match original hours (404) before install. :mad: But, unfortunately, My FIL passed away (82 yr. old):( so we are going to be very busy with all that ensues with that for sometime.

Sorry for your family's loss.

Thanks for posting.

/ 4300 Hour Meter blank #17  
Thanks Kyle. Funeral was yesterday, so the immediate family and a few more left to go back home (500 miles away) this morning, as we were 'hosting' (living here) 13 people here for last 5 days! Got a lot of dishes and cleaning to do, thought I would get my mind off things for a bit on the web. I believe the last time with so much grieving was when my cousin was killed while using his tractor in Tyler, Tx. I think of him often. More often than I notice, until I say it, that's odd. Well I notice you are in Texas, if you find out your meter to be purchased from Allied, your shipping should be less than mine (mine was $7) because the package is from no less than Fort Worth, for what it's 'worth'.

/ 4300 Hour Meter blank #18  
Thats a lot of people to take care of for 5 days. How long you had your 4310? Had mine since Oct 2002

/ 4300 Hour Meter blank #19  
Yeah, I believe we spent over $300 in groceries, not complaining, glad to do it, also glad wife likes to cook. :licking: Going out to eat would probably be in the thousands $.:eek:
To answer your question, I dreamed of owning a nice hydro 4x4 w/fel for decades, but trudged along for years with 1050s, 950, 790s, all 2wd, one w/loader. Finally got a sweet deal on my 2004 year model 4310 in 2010, only 210 hours. Original owner bought it in 2007 from dealer forclosure with 3.4 hours on it, go figure. Serviced well, but stored outside, plus the ~4 yrs at dealer, it was only 3 yrs. in service with PO. Very faded and dull, I have brought it almost to full glory new cosmetically! As from why the low hours I put on it?, because I only use it if I need loader or 4wd or both. I put about 200 hrs. year combined on 3 tractor current herd. If you have had yours since new, you know how expensive an investment it is!

/ 4300 Hour Meter blank #20  
Sorry I missed your posting earlier. On my tractor, I removed the instrument cluster and then removed the circuit boards from the plastic case. I looked at the sides of the hour meter and there was a white sticker with the model numbers on it. I actually took a picture and zoomed in to see the numbers. Mine had more numbers than the T111AB but I took a chance that it would work. Mine has been working for 32 hours. If it looks like it has the same dimensions it will most likely work.