4300 hydro

/ 4300 hydro #1  

hummertom

Tractor
Deere 4300
I've got a 2000 4300 with a hydro, recently an oil leak from a steering hose sidelined my rig, hoses fixed oil replaced, but rig didn't travel as fast. Now did some work with the loader, worked fine and came back to work some more and rig won't move, pushed on reverse and nothing and then fwd pedal sunk to floorboard. Any ideas?

/ 4300 hydro #2  
I've got a 2000 4300 with a hydro, recently an oil leak from a steering hose sidelined my rig, hoses fixed oil replaced, but rig didn't travel as fast. Now did some work with the loader, worked fine and came back to work some more and rig won't move, pushed on reverse and nothing and then fwd pedal sunk to floorboard. Any ideas?
I have a 4400 JD hydro , Are you sure that you have enough hydro oil in the tractor ? Have you checked the sight glass to make sure you have enough oil ?

/ 4300 hydro #3  
3 things ,1 as mentioned above the hydraulic oil level . if it's 2 quarts low it will do what you're describing. also make sure you're steering wheel is at max left or right.
2 power steering pump feeds the hydo. make sure there is no leaks there.
3 ccheck suction hoses and all filters. I had a lose hose once from a dealership service . and it was sucking air and wouldn't move. check it at the rear. and the pump.

/ 4300 hydro
will chk the fluid again, but found out I wasn't in gear correctly, now it works in reverse in all 3 speeds but fwd pedal is still on floor, going to jack it up and chk linkage today, local service manager said it may be as simple as loose pin. Thanks

/ 4300 hydro
Thanks everybody, turns out the bolt from foot pedal to the actuator rod came loose and I topped off the fluid. Now everything is great again. I don't know whether it was low fluid or the loose bolt that was causing low speed, but it's fixed now. Does anyone else think that that 'sight glass' is stupid, you couldn't do a dip stick like on the front axle.