4300 won't start

/ 4300 won't start #11  
It wasnt used on the ten series. they changed to better system.:cool:

/ 4300 won't start
PROBLEM SOLVED!

Thanks to everyone for the assistance.

I pulled the solenoid and it did not work. I was going to pull the connector from the harness to test the wiring and could not get it off, so I then was going to poke the probe thru the sheath to test it. Before starting that I turned the key and CLACK! now it works...

Must be possessed by electrical gremlins. I once parked it next to an English car, probably caught a little bit of Lucas disease.

/ 4300 won't start #13  
This is just a message to say thanks to those of you that posted since I had similar woes w/ my 4300. This is I would not have figured out by myself and the parts guys at JD didn't know about this either. I was surprised the fuel shut off solenoid would show it was getting power with a problem before the solenoid in the circuit and I would have ended up paying $140 for a new solenoid for no reason.

I wasn't hearing the click that I normally did after turning the key before hitting the starter. After looking here I started with the most economical fix, the thermister. The trouble was I did not have any butt connectors on hand to tie in the thermister so tried using electrical tape as a quick fix, obviously it did not work.

The test light showed the solenoid getting power so I assumed it was a bad fuel shut off solenoid. I took it off, she fired up. After folling instructions from another thread I ended up pushing in the piston on the solenoid squirting oil out the hole and cleaning it off and I then put the solenoid back on to make sure that wasn't the fix. It was a no go. I took the solenoid back off and checked the resistance, 25 ohms so it should be working. I then addressed my sloppy thermistor replacement which was a royal pain in the arse, put the solenoid back in place and we've been in business since.

Thanks for all the help, evidentially this has been a problem for quite a few people but neither JD parts guys were steering me in the right direction before checking here.