4310 50 hour service

/ 4310 50 hour service #1  

BenderKC

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4310 MFWD HST
Can anyone give me an idea as to what this service will run? Thanks

/ 4310 50 hour service #2  
I performed my 50 hr. service myself so I can't advise what a dealer would charge, there have been numerous posts on the subject here. If your dealer picks up and returns your tractor for free, I would guesstimate about $220-$250. I am going to do a search after posting this to see how close my guess is.

/ 4310 50 hour service #3  
Do the service yourself if you think you can. I did every thing called out in the manual and it cost me about $90 including funnels etc. There is nothing hard but it can get messy /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ 4310 50 hour service #4  
Well, I looked up my parts and fluids costs and the oil filter and oil cost about $17, a tube of grease was $3....8 gallons of Hygard were $76 and the two hydraulic filters and new suction screen gasket set me back $79. So, $175 total. My salesguy told me $50 charge for pickup and redelivery and $100 for an hour and a half of labor, deduct one half hour if I pulled the mower deck and reinstalled it myself.

So I saved roughly half by doing the work myself, it's messy but my time is worth saving $150 and I know the work was done properly.

/ 4310 50 hour service #5  
I've done my service/maintenance work myself - saving anything major for the dealer (when I trailer in the 4600 myself for them to work on). I don't remember the exact amount with the hydraulic filter included, but I just picked up all the fluids, oil/air filters, etc., for my 200 hour service and paid about $125 for it all.

I'd suggest doing it yourself - it's pretty straightforward and the manuals tell you everything that you need to do. I did find, however, that it was wise for me to doublecheck with the on-line manual (they arn't available for the 4600 now.. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I'd still like JD to put them back on-line) as there are updated pictures, etc., in the on-line version that help.

Good luck and I'm sure things will go fine. Even my dealer has told me it's cheaper to do the work myself if I can. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Bob

/ 4310 50 hour service #6  
I checked with a local dealer about the 500 hour service on my 4300. The book recommends certain hydraulic screen removal and cleaning...they said it was not that important!!! Needles to say I bought all I needed and did it myself...not to save $$ so much as to make sure it as done correctly. I was afraid they would charge for work but not do all that their own manual suggests!

Do it right. Do it yourself.

Peter

/ 4310 50 hour service #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( IDo it right. Do it yourself.)</font>

I am sure a lot of us feel the same way. Its really too bad that service in general has become so questionable. My hats off to the service center (tractors and or autos) that offers Net cameras with 24 hour live feed.