4310 E-hydro seems spongy?

/ 4310 E-hydro seems spongy? #1  

dieselram

Gold Member
Tractor
2007 John Deere 3120 TLBM
I just bought a used '02 4310 with 475 hrs. I came from a hydro L2800 Kubota and it seemed to react faster than the Deere. I can mash the pedal all the way to the floor before it will start to move. It seems like a delayed reaction and I have the switch set on short stop. I realize that those pedals are controling electronics but is this what Deeres answer to a smoother hydro or is there something wrong with mine? All you E- hydro owners chime in here because I need to know what this is supposed to "feel" like.

/ 4310 E-hydro seems spongy? #2  
That is adjustable on my 3520 e-hydro. "Short" can be adjusted from 1 to 5 and "long"can be adjusted from 5 to 9, with the lower numbers giving quicker/firmer reactions. Sorry, I can't quote the procedure but it should be in your manual. As I recall: there is a momentary switch on the dash that allows you to scroll through the display. Scroll until the one you want to adust is displayed and then use the turn signal switch to change up or down.

/ 4310 E-hydro seems spongy? #3  
My '03 4310 responds pretty much right away. I never have to stomp it all the way down. If you have the Motion Match switch set to slow/lond acceleration that can cause the unit to perform the way you are describing. The Motion Match switch is the second switch from the left of the second bank of switches.

I hope this helps

/ 4310 E-hydro seems spongy? #4  
John_in_TN said:
That is adjustable on my 3520 e-hydro. "Short" can be adjusted from 1 to 5 and "long"can be adjusted from 5 to 9, with the lower numbers giving quicker/firmer reactions. Sorry, I can't quote the procedure but it should be in your manual. As I recall: there is a momentary switch on the dash that allows you to scroll through the display. Scroll until the one you want to adust is displayed and then use the turn signal switch to change up or down.

I don't believe it is the same on the 4410/4310/4410 models, it apparently changed on the 3x20 series - sounds like it is way more adjustable. Good input though, now when my 3320 Cab shows up I won't have to review that part of the manual.

/ 4310 E-hydro seems spongy? #5  
My only experiece with the e-hydro is with my 3520, but I thought maybe the others had similar adjustments. Those cab models are really nice! I know you will enjoy that.

/ 4310 E-hydro seems spongy?
I don't think mine has motion match. It has all the other switches but that one.

/ 4310 E-hydro seems spongy?
I just tried it again and the is a delay in the hydro pedal. It takes 2 seconds to go from forward to reverse when switching pedals from forward to reverse. It just does not have the feel to it. It seems to work fine moving but there is something that does not feel right. It also seems to coast a bit more than it shoud even with the switch to short stop. Am I smoking crack or what, it is like no other hydro I have ever been on? I am also in the wrong forum!

/ 4310 E-hydro seems spongy? #8  
The Loadmatch switch is beside the steering column. I turn it off unless I'm are at or near wide open throttle. It will give you a spongy feeling if left on at lower rpms.

Typically, I leave mine in range "B" unless I need to go down the road or pull something tough to pull then I move to C or A.

Also, I'd probably change the filters and fluid so you know exactly what you have in it. Not cheap, but far cheaper than a new tranny.

/ 4310 E-hydro seems spongy? #9  
John_in_TN said:
My only experiece with the e-hydro is with my 3520, but I thought maybe the others had similar adjustments. Those cab models are really nice! I know you will enjoy that.

Thanks John, I also thought about going for a 3520, but I am on a budget and if I go for the turbo, the boss has to get something big too!, and I would have to wait for two attachments instead of one:eek: I also read somewhere that the 3520/3720 turbos are louder than the 3320? Is it really that noticeable?

/ 4310 E-hydro seems spongy? #10  
Kyle_in_Tex said:
The Loadmatch switch is beside the steering column. I turn it off unless I'm are at or near wide open throttle. It will give you a spongy feeling if left on at lower rpms.

Typically, I leave mine in range "B" unless I need to go down the road or pull something tough to pull then I move to C or A.

Also, I'd probably change the filters and fluid so you know exactly what you have in it. Not cheap, but far cheaper than a new tranny.

If you DIY, then you can get the filters on eBay for a good proice.