Oil & Fuel 4310 ehydro smoking

/ 4310 ehydro smoking #1  

chrismorton

Tractor
johd deere 4310 ehydro
So I got called to check out the tractor because it was not running right. When I got there the oil was Almost completely dry. I added oil immediately but I think I was too late. We just recently got it back from shop and they said they changed filters so I am assuming they changed the oil. I have not seen any oil spots so I don not think it is leaking significantly. Now when I raise the throttle past halfway it smokes from the vent hose and starts squealing. Any ideas?

/ 4310 ehydro smoking #2  
First thing to check for squealing is a loose belt. Had to tighten mine the other day.

Low oil and blowback sounds like rings are shot. If it was run low on oil the squealing could be the crank seizing but check the belt first anyway.

/ 4310 ehydro smoking
I did figure out the last problem with the help of these forums. It was a bad pump seal. Seems like every time I get the tractor going again something else goes wrong.

/ 4310 ehydro smoking #5  
How many hours out of curiosity?

/ 4310 ehydro smoking
I知 sorry how many hours for what

/ 4310 ehydro smoking #7  
it sounds like the shop never added oil after changing the filters and draining the oil!. that's a big NO NO!!..

/ 4310 ehydro smoking #8  
How many hours on the tractor?

/ 4310 ehydro smoking
Anybody know if I can get a normal diesel compression test kit or do I need the gauge and adaptor that is called for in the manual

/ 4310 ehydro smoking
Sorry I have to get back to you on hours