4310 payoff

/ 4310 payoff #1  

BenderKC

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4310 MFWD HST
The second best day with your JD is when you finally pay off the 0% financing. Done. Now what do I NEED to buy???

/ 4310 payoff #3  
Silly me, 1 payment left and I upgraded! 36 more to go :)

/ 4310 payoff #4  
Well now you need to see if you have all the necessary toys to go with that paid off tractor…

Checklist
• Backhoe
• Field mower
• Post hole digger

Listed in order of “Oh my gosh what would I do without them”. I recently fell in love with the post hole digger after I started installing over 1000' of fencing using 5" posts. The backhoe and field mower are time tested friends.

Good Luck Spending all that new found wealth!

/ 4310 payoff #5  
Hey Steve, How'ya been?!!!

I got to try a post hole digger recently/. Sure nice. But what I really want is a post DRIVER. With our rocky 'soil' it is the way to go. It is in my list of 'things I gotta get into the fabrication business to make' things:eek:

68 more posts to go...

/ 4310 payoff #6  
Doing great Mike - Finally got the horses over to our property. I posted some pics down in the photos forum. I'd enjoy seeing a post driver in action to. Right now I can't picture it working here in my area - frankly, driving a 5" post into our ground sounds like a good way to make tooth pics. I frequently hit rocks the size of a watermelon down to grapefruit sized, and I just can't see how you can get a pole in straight with obstacles that size. My PHD won't move many of them either, but overall it's made the job much easier. Depending on how close I get to the "river" (stream) out back dictates how well I do drilling out the holes. As you get nearer the river bank my success rate drops to about 50%. Then you have to get out an pull the larger rocks out before you can drill more. Other than that though it does a great job. I'm using a 9" auger from TSC and it's held up well considering.

/ 4310 payoff #7  
Any kind of fence post work has issues. I have a borrowed post digger, but have driven most of my posts. I like 2" oilfield pipe which is a major crop around these parts. I drive it in, right through the rocks. (in case you're wondering, my screen name IS rockyridgefarm...) I have a real fun time going through limestone. Someday I will get a post driver and it will be easier...

I did a picket fence around a pool where I used the post hole digger. It was pretty good, but nothing beats driven posts in my bok.

I need to take some pics of the fence. I milled the pickets from sassafrass.

What IS this thread ABOUT anyway...