4310 Rear Scv & power beyond

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #1  

DIESELbowhunter

Tractor
John Deere
Hey guys,

Are there still kits available to add a rear SCV and Power Beyond to a 4310 tractor? I've done some research and haven't really found a definite answer.

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #2  
A John Deere dealer will be able to find out if other dealers have kit's in stock.

Here's what I would do. I would make my own kits. The rear SCV kit comprises of a lever and hoses/brackets etc. I would buy the lever from Deere and make up the rest myself. The third valve is already on the tractor in the same block as the joy stick controls. All you need to do is remove the plugs for the hydraulic lines and match them up with appropriate fittings on the hoses. Add female couplers the the other end of the hose and mount them on the tractor. JD used to charge $700 CAD for the kit. Way overpriced for what you get.

At some point in time I will make my own Power Beyond kit. I asked on this forum and someone sent me the installation instructions for the kit. That together with the service and parts manuals gives me enough info to make up my own kit.

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #3  
Hey guys,

Are there still kits available to add a rear SCV and Power Beyond to a 4310 tractor? I've done some research and haven't really found a definite answer.

You can still get a third scv and maybe a power beyond kit for your tractor. SCV kit LVB25084 is around $330 and power beyond kit LVB25085 doesn’t show a price so idk about that one. You would have to call dealer

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #4  
I found a NOS on eBay for $130 recently. It was missing the console (black piece of plastic that holds the handle) which is reasonably priced through Deere.

The fittings on the bottom of the scv are metric orb, so depending on your hydraulic shop it might be special order if you go custom.

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #5  
To clarify it was a rear scv kit. No power beyond.

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #6  
texasranger, I am making my own 3rd scv 'kit' so to speak, for my 4310, but before i take off the fender, i want to have all the parts ready. You mentioned fittings needed on bottom of scv are metric orb, would you know the 'size' of the metric? Anyone else feel free to chime in if you know the answer. Thanks

Last edited:
   / 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #7  
Both are available at Green Farm Parts. I just put the power beyond on a 4210. and looked at the 3rd SCV, but don't really have the need for it now. The 3rd runs $325 and the PB runs $350 I think.

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #8  
I know they are for available, but as I stated I am making my own, and need to know the size fittings into the bottom of the scv. JD parts just lists it as Adapter Fitting "STUD STRAIGHT (SDS), ORFS" but does not include the size. Does anyone know the size of this fitting?

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #9  
I'll look this weekend and get back to you with measurements

/ 4310 Rear Scv & power beyond #10  
I know they are for available, but as I stated I am making my own, and need to know the size fittings into the bottom of the scv. JD parts just lists it as Adapter Fitting "STUD STRAIGHT (SDS), ORFS" but does not include the size. Does anyone know the size of this fitting?

I have my valve out now. I tried to plug the in and out ports, and the SAE o-ring fittings I have are not the same thread. I think the valve is metric. I did not try the bottom ports.