4400 Opinion

/ 4400 Opinion #11  
My 4400 is hydro and my 4310 is e-reversor (like a gen 2 sync-reverser). Both have their advantages. The hydro is great for finesse work like loader/pallet fork or snow plowing (pretty much always in range B). I prefer my reverser as stated by pms for 3 point or draw bar work. Reason being, The hydro trans will lose power long before the engine will when doing heavy work. With the sync trans you can really maximize PTO hp. If I drum mow hay with my hydro would take twice as long but when using the mini round baler the hydro is great because of the constant stopping to twine and adjusting speeds according to the windrows.

You can get just as fast and efficient in short time with the sync as you could with a hydro on task but the biggest pain is you always have to set the park brake and put in neutral when getting on and off the tractor because the direction lever is easy to accidentally bump when getting on/off the tractor.

The 4x00 series are a really good tractor especially if you are able to turn a wrench. In that I mean there is about 60% less electronics to go wrong when compared to the 4x10 series that followed it when everything when "e" for electronic sending.

One other thing is these loader frames have a tendency to bounce and rattle on the quick connect mounts but its an easy fix. You can just get some thin gauge steel and create shims on the mounts and it will get rid of the noisy bumps and rattles from it.

/ 4400 Opinion
This will be my first tractor purchase. I have been around equipment my whole life, but never owned a personal tractor. I really appreciate all the info. I am hesitant to spend this kind of money, but on the flips side I know it will be well worth it, as long as I make an informed decision. Guy is asking 12K. Seems like a fair price for a tractor with cab, heat, and pallet forks with 4,600 hours.

/ 4400 Opinion #13  
I paid 11k for mine with 4100 hrs with cab, loader, plow and mower but this was several years ago. used tractor prices have gone up since covid since manufacturers shut down. 12k with todays supply seems fair but might want to try to offer lower. Dealers are getting equipment back in stock and are offering 0%. Be sure to shop around a bit and hit tractor house to see what comparable equipment with features is going for to get a good idea.

/ 4400 Opinion #14  
One other thing is these loader frames have a tendency to bounce and rattle on the quick connect mounts but its an easy fix. You can just get some thin gauge steel and create shims on the mounts and it will get rid of the noisy bumps and rattles from it.
I did as you on my 955 with a 420 loader. Since then on my 4410 I've discovered an easier way. The mounting holes on the fel bracket that stays on the tractor are slotted. If you loosen the bolts and turn the bracket slightly the loader will tighten up without the use of shims. I've also contemplated taking the brackets off and building up the worn spots. I haven't tried that yet but once adjustment doesn't take out the slack I will.