444 pto And hydraulic issue

/ 444 pto And hydraulic issue #11  
The one broken bolt put the clutch disc/pressure plate out of adjustment despite what the pedal adjustment was telling me. So in therory, yes, one broken/loose bolt could cause the symptoms you are seeing.

I was just glad there was nothing in front of me when I went to stop. It took me a split second to realize nothing was happening before I stomped on clutch pedal.

/ 444 pto And hydraulic issue #12  
What have you found?

/ 444 pto And hydraulic issue
What have you found?

I have been so busy with work and putting a roof on my house I have not had a chance 2 look as tractor. However I am still having problem with hydraulics. I think I'll have to go into the control though. Anxiously awaiting the opportunity to look at the clutch. Might take me a week or two.

/ 444 pto And hydraulic issue #14  
I understand, a roof is priority.

I had an exploded view "parts with part number" manual when I had my 444. It was often as usefull as the operators manual for working on it.

If you do not have this, your Case-IH dealer should be able to get you one.

I bought a "knock off " repair manual" at the dealer for like 20 or 30 bucks. They also had another from IH-Case that he said would be in the 100's . The one I bought is OK to get me through. Hopefully my past mechanic's expertise will get me through, we shall soon see

Update: I hate when there is never a solution posted on these threads cause we all look for them to get answers so......
I replaced hyd pump and valve body along with cleaning and refilling system. Works great !!! Now the clutch I'm finally getting into cause a tractor with no PTO sucks !! Lol more to come. I have clutch plate dropped and we will know more soon and I will share it with everyone.

/ 444 pto And hydraulic issue #17  
Three stages ......1......freetravel......2........Transmition,,,,,,,,3.......PTO
Freetravel very importend for the life of your clutch !

/ 444 pto And hydraulic issue #18  
PTO.....the coupler and rear shaft splines eaten away? ........select pto to engage posision ........drain differential oil .....remove pto sealhousing and pull pto shaft out and ...inspect........I think to remove coupler you need to remove the 3pointhidge(rockshaftcover) and inspect the inner splines ! replace if needed !