4500 diesels

/ 4500 diesels #11  
I have a 4500Y and a 60-inch rear-discharge deck with the mulching kit added. I also have the snowblower, the rotary broom, and the electrical generator (since discontinued).

The tractor has without complaint done everything that I have asked it to do, including blowing heavy snow while going uphill on a 15謀egree slope on my driveway.

As to whether it has enough power for your needs, it really depends what your needs are.

I left out: among the reasons that I got the diesel motor instead of the gasser was not wanting to deal with the storage and preservation of large amounts of gasoline with ethanol in it. If I had a steady supply of non-ethanol gasoline, I might have been more inclined than I was to favor a gasoline-fueled model. Diesel solved the fuel-storage issue neatly. I also wanted a liquid-cooled engine for durability, and I prefer fuel injection rather than a carburetor-based delivery of fuel. I know that at least one of the gasoline-fired variants of the 4500 series has electronically controlled fuel injection, but as I recall, the engine is air-cooled.