4500 Three N One and three point hitch

/ 4500 Three N One and three point hitch #1  

onobed

Tractor
In the market
I just signed an order for a 4500 P. I added the three point hitch with hydraulic top link.

Question: What purpose does the Three N One serve? Does any one recommend it for someone who likely be using a box blade for upkeep on a gravel driveway?
Question: I purchased the power bucket with grapple. Can I attach that to the three point hitch? If so, if I get the additional hydraulics for the rear will it allow me to use the power bucket from the three point hitch? My use case is use the brush cutter. Inevitably I will run into something that I can cut with the brush cutter. Use chain saw to cut that down. Then use the power bucket and grapple on the back of the tractor to pull out what I just sawed down.

My use case is brush cutting on a property with 20 to 45 degree slopes. I also purchased the trencher as I want to irrigate 5 acres.

Thanks in advance
Martin

/ 4500 Three N One and three point hitch #2  
I installed the three point on mine and added the HYD. top link and yes you can put the bucket on the back with the 3and 1 and use it like on the front. I used it with the stump grinder on the front together up the chips. I also made a ripper to fit in the receiver and it works great plus I can put the ball in the reciever and move my trailer with out moving the jack.45 degrees is steep the engine is rated at 30 degrees continuous .... jim

/ 4500 Three N One and three point hitch #3  
Welcome! Nice tractor you got there.

45 degrees is steep
Jim's not just talkin' here. 45 degrees is scary steep. Be careful and ease into the steeps.

As long as you have the extra valve kit, you can run nearly any hydraulic Ventrac attachment off of it. It's the PTO stuff you can't run off the back.

Enjoy, and go easy on those hills!

/ 4500 Three N One and three point hitch #4  
Best have tracks under you on a 1 to 1 slope and an engine rated for more than 45degrees...... jim

/ 4500 Three N One and three point hitch
Thanks for the replies. I won't be taking the machine on slopes beyond 30.

/ 4500 Three N One and three point hitch #6  
Thanks for the replies. I won't be taking the machine on slopes beyond 30.

Ventrac will not like me saying this, but...

If the soil conditions are right (still damp, not muddy) I can climb 30-34 if I'm careful with the throttle. I can exceed 30 when descending fairly well year-round, but it feels wrong, every time.

I try not to make a habit of it. =0)

/ 4500 Three N One and three point hitch #7  
Gosh, my Ventrac "lives" on 30 and + slope and my little warning beeper probably has sore throat. My tires are ballasted and that helps. I think the ATV style tires are a negative, they cut or till the top soil much more than previous tractor with wide turf tires on same ground.

prs

/ 4500 Three N One and three point hitch #8  
Gosh, my Ventrac "lives" on 30 and + slope and my little warning beeper probably has sore throat. My tires are ballasted and that helps. I think the ATV style tires are a negative, they cut or till the top soil much more than previous tractor with wide turf tires on same ground.

prs

It isn't weather it will stick to 30 degree+ slopes it is how long the engine will last starving for oil, the Kubotas are intermittent at 30 degrees.... I had the oil light come on in a Steiner with a Kohler engine where the manual gage dropped to 10 lb before I got down off the hill. Where the 4500P has no trouble working over 30 degrees and never an issue.... except in wet grass, I had a few rides I didn't need.... LOL... jim