455 4wd conversion?

/ 455 4wd conversion? #1  

usmcskeeter

Tractor
Satoh Bull
I had a bunch of leaks on my 455 lat fall and winter. A friend who was out country on business for a few months loaded me his X748 to use while I fixed the 455.

At first, I thought I'd hate the plastic looking thing, but I LOVE the 4wd. From snow blowing to mowing hills, it's better than the 455 weighted down.

I stll don't like the look of the x748, so I'm considering converting my 455 to essentially the drive train of the x748.

I see front axles and transaxles in eBay and craigslist all the time, so I'm wondering, would it be that easy? Has anyone tried this before? Is there anything that wouldn't allow it to work?

/ 455 4wd conversion? #2  
Curious why you think the 455 isn't also "plastic" ?

Granted, I like the 455 better too (compared to my X485) for the superior screening of dust and debris when pulling in air through the radiator and hyd. oil cooler.

Hope to follow your potential build of a 455 with 4wd. :thumbsup:

/ 455 4wd conversion? #3  
You would really need to measure the length and width. The wheel base is a bit longer I think and they are a little bit wider I believe. If you did enough research you may be able to just put the front axle on because on a x7x8 the front axle is hydraulic drive so maybe you just need to get hoses. The x5xx s are mechanical front axle so thay would be more difficult.