4555 3 point wont move

/ 4555 3 point wont move #1  

banditman

Tractor
john deere
I got a 4555 john deere that the 3 point wont move on. all the other hydraulics seem to work fine but the arms refuse to raise. Any body got any idea what could be wrong? it has the electronic 3 point in it and the lever and switches both do nothing. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for this part of this tractor?

/ 4555 3 point wont move #2  
Tell us more about the problem. When did it last move? Where was the tractor parked/stored since that time? Who had access to the tractor since that time?

There must be more information you can offer to help figure out an answer.

/ 4555 3 point wont move #3  
Two questions.....does yours have the lock out, ie highway valve under the front of the seat? If so see if it is turned down ie like a faucet. This locks the lift from falling so if it is already up it is locked. Second you may have a pressure relieve valve at your valve control for the lift. It could be stuck open.
Hope this helps.
In addition it is possible the piston under the seat might need a rebuild kit for it to have enough pressure to raise an object.

/ 4555 3 point wont move #4  
My personal knowledge/experience of a JD 4555 with a 3pt hitch that's electronically controlled is ZERO & it's going to remain ZERO experience. I wish you the best with an easy/speedy repair.

/ 4555 3 point wont move #5  
Most likely electrical/electronic issue. Do you know how to read codes? Error codes should be stored that will help pinpoint problem. under left cowling cover is the fuse panel. Depending on your serial number, there is either a diagnostic switch that needs to be activated or a diagnostic fuse needs to be installed. Error codes can then be read on dash to help identify problem. Be ready when switch s turned on, codes will automatically be displayed and scroll from one to next. If you write down what is displayed. I can look it up to see what to check next.

/ 4555 3 point wont move
ok sorry its been awhile but back to working on this problem. I messed around with some of the wiring and ended up switching the wires on the solenoid and the 3 point arms moved up so im guessing i have a wiring problem