4590 backhoe went spread-eagle flat ini storage. Just connect and go?

/ 4590 backhoe went spread-eagle flat ini storage. Just connect and go? #1  

countryguy1225

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6060 & L2550GST(4wd), W/ Backhoe attch. Mitsubhish MT160D (4wd) :- )
Just a newbie post here. Stored the backhoe over winter and have noticed it go almost totally flat with the stabilizer arms totally extended and rather spread eagle for lack of a better term. So do I simply hook up the hydrolics and lift it back up? Need to tractor jack it up a foot or two? Pic is embedded below. Just checking. Fixing what you broke for not asking hurts more then others.

image.jpg

Last edited:
   / 4590 backhoe went spread-eagle flat ini storage. Just connect and go? #2  
So do I simply hook up the hydrolics and lift it back up?

Yep, that's what I do.

But I lower mine down on to wood blocks after physically disconnecting and just before disconnecting the hoses.

/ 4590 backhoe went spread-eagle flat ini storage. Just connect and go? #3  
Yep, that's what I do.

But I lower mine down on to wood blocks after physically disconnecting and just before disconnecting the hoses.

+1 Same here. Have about 12" of cribbing for it to rest on.

/ 4590 backhoe went spread-eagle flat ini storage. Just connect and go?
Thanks fellas.

/ 4590 backhoe went spread-eagle flat ini storage. Just connect and go? #5  
Yep, that's what I do.

This is correct. Hydraulics are going to leak slowly, particularly with something as heavy as a backhoe

/ 4590 backhoe went spread-eagle flat ini storage. Just connect and go? #6  
Just a newbie post here. Stored the backhoe over winter and have noticed it go almost totally flat with the stabilizer arms totally extended and rather spread eagle for lack of a better term. So do I simply hook up the hydrolics and lift it back up? Need to tractor jack it up a foot or two? Pic is embedded below. Just checking. Fixing what you broke for not asking hurts more then others.

View attachment 320243

Does a Kubota 4590 backhoe hookup to the tree point of a tractor?

Does it use a PTO pump or the tractor hydraulics?

Last edited:
   / 4590 backhoe went spread-eagle flat ini storage. Just connect and go? #7  
Does a Kubota 4590 backhoe hookup to the tree point of a tractor?

Does it use a PTO pump or the tractor hydraulics?

Kubota used to offer a lighter duty 3 point backhoe and a different heavier duty BH that was subframe mounted. The 4590 was one of the 3 point versions and most likely had a pto pump with it. Depending on what you'd be mounting it on you might need to change or adjust the ROPS to get it to fit and you would want to get a toplink reinforcing kit for the tractor also.

/ 4590 backhoe went spread-eagle flat ini storage. Just connect and go? #8  
Whether it is a three point or a sub-frame mount I believe you can carefully lower the stabs and use the bucket to raise the bh. Do it very slowly and keep the engine at idle. I would make sure there is nothing near it that might get damaged if it were to fall. Good luck!

/ 4590 backhoe went spread-eagle flat ini storage. Just connect and go? #9  
Kubota used to offer a lighter duty 3 point backhoe and a different heavier duty BH that was subframe mounted. The 4590 was one of the 3 point versions and most likely had a pto pump with it. Depending on what you'd be mounting it on you might need to change or adjust the ROPS to get it to fit and you would want to get a toplink reinforcing kit for the tractor also.

Thanks

My tractor is a IH 424.

/ 4590 backhoe went spread-eagle flat ini storage. Just connect and go? #10  
Thanks

My tractor is a IH 424.

They usually were mounted to a Kubota, but there's no reason why it couldn't work on your IH. You might need to do some tinkering to deal with any interference in the linkage, headroom under the ROPS, etc.