460 loader hydraulic hose gave way

/ 460 loader hydraulic hose gave way #11  
Kenny - what are ORFs?

I have it all down and at rest now. Shouldn't JD just have the replacement lines already or do they need to make new ones?

-Bob

/ 460 loader hydraulic hose gave way #12  
I disagree about there not being pressure. No, the pump isn't putting any on the lines, but the almost always rolls back a bit which pressurizes the cylinders to at least some degree. I've had it happen too many times now to say it doesn't. It may not be a lot, but still enough to just be aware about.

I would disconnect the SCV end first, just like you do to remove the loader. Then remove the line from the hard coupler.

/ 460 loader hydraulic hose gave way #13  
Kenny - what are ORFs?

I have it all down and at rest now. Shouldn't JD just have the replacement lines already or do they need to make new ones?

-Bob

The dealer will not stock the hoses as "parts", they are usually made to order when they need to be replaced. Could you order for from mother Deere? Probably but when you hear the price you might faint.

ORB= O-Ring Boss
ORFS= O-Ring Face Seal

/ 460 loader hydraulic hose gave way #14  
Ok. Well, I'll check with them tomorrow and see what works the best. Due to circumstances, I don't have time to chase down new hoses so I might just have to bite the bullet and work through the dealer for this one.

Thanks for everyone's help! I have round bales to move for the horses.

-Bob

/ 460 loader hydraulic hose gave way #15  
I went to the dealer and got a replacement hose made - installed it - and all is fine.

Thanks for everyone's help and support!

-Bob