Grading 47" blower on quick hitch for 54" blade???

/ 47" blower on quick hitch for 54" blade??? #11  
Wildbill34 said:
I have done it both ways. I switch to the snowblower and yes sir you can become a snowman in a hurry. Then I thought, I need a cab. So I came in from one of those cold trips up and down the driveway clearing snow(450ft) and put my cold hands on my wife. She said something like what the he## is wrong with you....wear your gloves. I proceeded to tell her I was but it still gets real cold out there. Then the next day it snowed again, I repeated my cold hand demonstration to my wife. She said, if it's that cold go get a cab or something....I don't think she got that sentence all the way out and I ran out the door, slamed the truck door and was down the driveway before she changed her mind...... ordered the cab, and have since done my driveway in a polo shirt and jeans and she doesn't get the cold hands!

:)

A true inspiration to us all! I might get away with the "cold hand" trick once with my wife...

I've found that if you lower the defector on the chute it cuts down tremendously on the amount of "blow-back" snow. I was out last night and didn't get *any* snow on me at all, but it was a wetter type of snow. The dry, powdery stuff is tougher to handle.

I would love a cab on my 2305 - it's the $3K price tag that slows me down.

Good luck!

Scott

/ 47" blower on quick hitch for 54" blade???
Ya, a cab is definitely a no go for me, partly due to cost, and partly because I wonder if my tractor would fit through my garage door? I have to fold down the ROPS to get it in.

This makes me wonder if a blower is usable, as I don't have a lot of choice of where to blow the snow, and may have to blow 'into the wind'. What's the saying? Never p*ss into the wind?!? :)

I used to have a walk-behind blower at my last place, and I remember coming in with icicles on my face...