4700????

/ 4700???? #11  
Dan, your $ on the MX6 is not too bad I paid $2050 but this included chain guards instead of rubber. Did you drive the HST for comparison with the PowrReverser. I am thinking of getting the HST but if the PowrReverser is just as easy on shifting from forward/reverse I could save a few $. Also, I am used to the brake being on the right side. Using an HST would take some getting used to. HOw do you think the power of the 4700 compares with that of a 5210 (53hp gross/45hp PTO)?

/ 4700???? #12  
The PowerReverser is pretty easy and very nice to have. If you are moving forward and want to go backwards, you just pull the PowerReverser Lever to its middle positions, i.e. neutral, wait for the tractor to stop, and then move the lever to reverse. No clutching is needed. But out of habit I clutch anyway! :cool:

It does not mater if you are in low, mid or high range nor any of the four gears. Reverse and forward work the same way. Very nice. I tried to do this in my truck the other day but my turn signal stalk does not move the same way as the PowerReverser lever! :cool:

I never drove an HST. I just was not interested in that type of transmission. It takes to much PTO horsepower for my taste. And since I'm driving a manual tranny truck shifting gears on a tractor just did not turn me off. As long as the tractor tranny shifted like my truck. I think some of the older tractor trannys required the tractor to be stopped to change gears. That I did NOT want. The PowerReverser seemed to be as close to an auto tranny as I could find.

I'm not sure I would notice the HP difference between the 4700 and 5210s. 48 vs 53 engine HP and 41.5 vs 45 PTO HP. However, the extra wieght on the 5210 sure would be handy for traction. That extra wieght caused me some extra thinking! :cool: But the price of the backhoes for the 4700 vs the 5n10's outwieghed the extra wieght on the 5000 series tractors. :cool:

Hope this helps...
Dan

/ 4700????
Dan your prices are right on for the loader, rottary cutter and hoe----I'm getting almost identical prices from two local dealers. Now if I can just find a cab that looks good on this rig - have looked at Curtis and Sims both of which are not the most beautiful but may have to give up on the visual impact and go for the functionality aspect. May have to settle for just a canopy to keep the rain off but would like the warmer cab in the snow.

/ 4700???? #14  
What kind of pricing are you getting for the tractor?

You don't need a cab, just use an umbrella! :cool:

What are the prices on the cabs? What is the difference between the models? Do they require the removal of the ROPS? Are they a ROPS/FOPS?

I know NOTHING about the cabs so I'm curious.

Thanks....
Dan

/ 4700????
Dan --- Tractor ( 4700-HST-R1- tires-tall folding ROPS- set up for backhoe - 110lb wheel weights- rear work lite) and 460 loader w/ high cap bucket for about $26,000. Kinda hard to figure exact # as I am getting several other "things".
As for the cab - go to www.curtiscab.com. Prices are shown on their web page. I would go with the umbrella concept if the mega infared heat option was available. It was -5 degrees at the house last night - plowing snow would have been a bit crisp. Luckily it didn't snow.
Garry

/ 4700???? #16  
-5 degrees! YIKES! And I'm complaining about the temps getting down to the high 40's this weekend. :cool: I think you need a cab! :cool:

Interesting prices on the cabs and canopies. I think a canopy would be a good thing for me next spring to keep the sun off. The cabs seemed like they left the ROPS attached but the site did mention that the cabs were NOT ROPS cabs.

Thanks for the info...
Dan

/ 4700????
Dan - ROPS stays on the tractor as originaly installed - cab mounts right in front of. If it wasn't for the cold/snow issue - canopy would be in the menu. However, I will be using a rear mount snow eater with directional spout to perform snow removal - therfore the heated cab is looking real good!
Garry

/ 4700???? #18  
GVW: IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN AWSOME LOOKING CAB THAT LOOKS FACTORY, GIVE JO-DALE PERRY CORP. A CALL IN MORDEN MANITOBA, CANADA. THEIR # IS 1 204 822 9100 THE CAB THEY PRODUCE LOOKS LIKE IT CAME RIGHT OFF THE FACTORY ASSEMBLY LINE.

/ 4700???? #19  
Torch,

I agree. They are the best after-market cab I've seen... that definitely looks factory or "better than" factory.

/ 4700????
Thanks for the info ---but - the Curtis cab is in and on - though I would like to see a picture of the other one that you referenced - do they have a web site?