/ 4707 #621  
I didn't realize that the better loader had so much more power to it. I went cheap because I just wanted the loader for lifting hay bales. Mostly the tractor is for mowing since I have a backhoe for doing dirt work.

What pressure are your tires at? When mine was delivered, I think the air pressure on them was something like 15 pounds. The dealer said that's to provide the smoothest, softer ride, and that the radials are just fine at such low pressure. I brought them up to 15 psi and I still have some sidewall bulge, but I feel it's just better to have a little more air pressure in them. Your tires look rock solid with all that rebar up in the air!!!!!

/ 4707 #622  
Yeah, I put a little bit of air in the tires when I bought the tractor. They were too soft for the work I do. BTW, now that the little problems have been addressed and fixed by the dealer (coolant leak above the cab, 3pt hitch controls were wonky), I really like this tractor. It's kind of perfect.

/ 4707 #623  
Hills Equipment in Livingston, LA has one with the Visioline Roof option. It took 2 years to come in.

Attachments

• E5EB1B83-1F87-47EC-9723-5FB5C8C493B5.jpeg
    E5EB1B83-1F87-47EC-9723-5FB5C8C493B5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 115
  • 196A11F8-EA46-4557-83D0-E3BCDB2A8C1A.jpeg
    196A11F8-EA46-4557-83D0-E3BCDB2A8C1A.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 107
   / 4707 #624  
Hooked my Deere MX10 rotary cutter to my 4707 on Thursday. Kicked the pto on at like 1300rpm, killed the tractor. Rev’d it up some more, kicked it on, tractor made a bunch of racket under the cab, threw a code, and kicked the pto off. Called the dealer, they came and got the tractor (90 miles for them) within 24hrs.

They say the mower is just too big for the tractor. Deere recommends minimum 60 pto hp for the lift type mower that I have. 40 pto hp for a pull type. I have a hard time believing that the tractor can’t even spin that mower with no load. I didn’t figure it would be ideal, but thought it would work OK for mowing approaches, and Ran it on a 3020 gasser for years with no issues.

Dealer is doing a good job of taking care of me… but this one has me scratching my head a little.
Reading through this thread but this may have been addressed..when starting a large gear driven pto attachment kick the pto on and as soon as it starts to rotate kick it off then back on. It’s a manual slow start. The pto wants to engage quicker than it can get the mower spinning. I have to do this with my 15’ batwing and 4345. Mows great, just needs a slow start.

/ 4707 #625  
Mine will die sometimes with the big stuff. I get around 1200 rpm engage the pto just long enough to get it moving the back out the engage it right back in while you got the shaft moving and it will usually take on off. Kinda hard to ease it in gear like the old mechanical type but it works. Sometimes it takes 2 bumps if I’m at idle before letting it completely engage
Yup, it was addressed.

/ 4707 #626  
I've had my 4707 for a year and a half now. I keep the 12 foot batwing on it all summer long so I can mow when I have some free time, but usually when it's too hot outside to do anything else. I took off the batwing last week after one last mow to clean up where I'm clearing land for my fence, that I put my bucket back on and moved some dirt to fill in where the stumps used to be. It's really nice having a heater!!!! I was getting things done, being productive, and still comfortable. I'm looking forward to getting a lot done this winter with the cab keeping me warm!!!

/ 4707 #627  
I've had my 4707 for a year and a half now. I keep the 12 foot batwing on it all summer long so I can mow when I have some free time, but usually when it's too hot outside to do anything else. I took off the batwing last week after one last mow to clean up where I'm clearing land for my fence, that I put my bucket back on and moved some dirt to fill in where the stumps used to be. It's really nice having a heater!!!! I was getting things done, being productive, and still comfortable. I'm looking forward to getting a lot done this winter with the cab keeping me warm!!!
How’s the ac in the texas heat? How many hours now?

/ 4707 #628  
In 2022 they changed the AC system to one that really works good. Before then, there are some issues from what I've read online. I ordered my 4707 in November of 2021 and got lucky when they delivered a 2022 model in June.

When temps are around 100 degrees, and the humidity is so high that it affects your breathing, I can get into the tractor, turn up the AC to 3 and cool off the cab in minutes. The noise from the fan increases with each setting and 3 is almost too loud to drown our the radio. I've only put it on 4 a few times and its painfully loud, so I usually only go up to 3 to cool off the cab.

Once the temp is good, I switch between 2 and 1. I can't hear it at all when it's on 1, and just barely when it' son 2. The main reason to go to 1 is it gets too cold in there!!!!

I read that tinting the glass helps keep it cool in summer, but there's no need. The AC is fantastic!!!

Today, the temps are in the 40's and there is a 10 to 15 mph wind. We don't normally get a lot of wind here, but when it happens, I pretty much refuse to do anything outside. I've been paying bills and being lazy this morning, but I'm about to head out in the Massey and fill some more holes in the ground from removing trees with my backhoe.

The bucket is a lot smaller then the bucket on my backhoe, which is 1 yard. I'd have to guess that the Massey bucket is over half a yard, but probably not 3/4 of a yard. I never looked it up to know for sure what it holds. The two things that I like about the bucket is the cab that keeps me comfortable, and the 4 wheel drive. My backhoe is 2 wheel drive. The Massey just keeps pushing forward until the bucket is full, no matter how many years the pile of dirt has been sitting there. Same if I want to dig down into an area to level it off and use that dirt somewhere else. The Massey just keeps going, it's power and traction is very impressive. With my backhoe, I spin the back tires a lot when filling up the bucket unless it's perfect conditions. It will take me long to move dirt with the Massey, but I'll enjoy it more and stick with it longer because of the cab.

Just before putting the dirt bucket on it, I put the hay spear on it and hauled a few logs back to the house to cut into rounds for splitting. I have three loaders, and this was the fastest, easiest way to get those logs back to the house.

405032865_10231749829911425_8307943981351474867_n.jpg

/ 4707 #629  
Hooked my Deere MX10 rotary cutter to my 4707 on Thursday. Kicked the pto on at like 1300rpm, killed the tractor. Rev’d it up some more, kicked it on, tractor made a bunch of racket under the cab, threw a code, and kicked the pto off. Called the dealer, they came and got the tractor (90 miles for them) within 24hrs.

They say the mower is just too big for the tractor. Deere recommends minimum 60 pto hp for the lift type mower that I have. 40 pto hp for a pull type. I have a hard time believing that the tractor can’t even spin that mower with no load. I didn’t figure it would be ideal, but thought it would work OK for mowing approaches, and Ran it on a 3020 gasser for years with no issues.

Dealer is doing a good job of taking care of me… but this one has me scratching my head a little.
The Massey 4707 is rated at 70 horse power and 58 horse power at the PTO.

How many HP is a Massey 4707?

70 hp

Engine
AspirationIntercooled turbocharged
Gross Power70 hp (52 kw)
Number of Cylinders3
Power Measured @2200 rpm
PTO Power58 hp (43 kw)

Rotary Cutters usually require 5 horse power per foot of width. If your rotary cutter is 10 foot that would equate to 50 PTO horse power. Now if the cutter is 12 or 15 foot wide I could understand the concern by the dealer.

Last edited: