Buying Advice 4720 or 5085m

/ 4720 or 5085m #11  
The tractors you're looking at are not really in the same "functional" ballpark - IMO. Frame size, weight, maneuverability, etc. the tractors are night and day from one another! It's sorta like comparing a Toyota Tacoma versus a Ford F-350 dually.

AKfish

Very well said.

/ 4720 or 5085m
Well looks like the 5085m is the consensus, I will be going in on Friday to take a look at what's in stock at the dealership and see what happens from there.

/ 4720 or 5085m #13  
I went through the same decision process that you're in the middle of - 2 years ago. I ended up buying a 5075M and in all honesty... should have bought the 5085M!

AKfish

I remember that discussion well, but alas for most of us it is always about the cost. Bet you are glad you didin't go for the 5065M you were thinking about.

/ 4720 or 5085m
One thing to add is that it will be replacing the BX with this tractor cause this last winter I was pushing snow and the lip of the loader got caught on a small piece of dirt and stopped the tractor dead in its tracks causing my spine to compress to the point I blew out my disc in my back (Cause there was no suspension in the tractor I was told my back became the suspension and took the force of the harsh stop.) So this tractor will be replacing the BX as well as it's new responsibilities.

/ 4720 or 5085m
Ok, so I went down to my local dealer and got a quote,
5085m with deluxe cab
540/540e pto
32f/16r power reverser transmission,
instructional seat,
triple rear deluxe valves,
triple mid valve with joystick control,
electro hydraulic with remote LH fender control, 4wd,
cold weather package,
loader prep package,
telescopic mirrors,
front weight support,
rear fender extension,
drawbar hammerstrap and Chain clevis kit,
All the lights,
Rear washer,
Stationary front fenders,
H260 loader,
85" bucket
3function single point hydraulic connection,
Five tune round bale/silage grapple with grille,
RC2084 lift type rotary cutter,
8' boom mounted front blade with hydraulic angle

All installed, set up and delivered for $90,000 cdn is that a good deal?

/ 4720 or 5085m #16  
Holy crapola. :eek:

Sorry, I'm just not used to seeing the prices on these big machines, that might be a helluva bargain. :laughing:

/ 4720 or 5085m #17  
Since I'm spending someone else's money, I think you should buy a fully load caterpillar challenger. If the local farmer chicks saw you cruising around on that in the winter time in a blizzard through town, you would get all kinds of action

/ 4720 or 5085m
Since I'm spending someone else's money, I think you should buy a fully load caterpillar challenger. If the local farmer chicks saw you cruising around on that in the winter time in a blizzard through town, you would get all kinds of action

Rofl, the only local farmer chicks out here is old farmers' wives and livestock chicks, neither of which I want in my cab, and the only action I would get is lots of snow to plow, lol.

/ 4720 or 5085m #19  
All installed, set up and delivered for $90,000 cdn is that a good deal?

If you got a detailed quote just see how much of a discount they are giving you off the list price. If not you can go to JD's website and build it for yourself. You'll have to do the loader and tractor separately. IMO, with what i've read here on TBN, if they are 20% below list on the 0% for 48mo price they are trying pretty hard to sell you a tractor. You might try to get them to sell at least one of the implements at their cost to sweeten the deal a little.

/ 4720 or 5085m #20  
I remember that discussion well, but alas for most of us it is always about the cost. Bet you are glad you didin't go for the 5065M you were thinking about.

(You told me to get the 85hp - too! :laughing:) But, yep... it came down to cost versus any measure of expected return. Couldn't justify the expense based on the work I had lined up. Most definitely; I'd be very unhappy with the 5065M! No way, I'd hook that tractor up to a high moisture round baler! :eek:

AKfish