4720 Proportioning Valve Wiring Harness Replacement

/ 4720 Proportioning Valve Wiring Harness Replacement #1  

JAKAFUTZ

Tractor
John Deere 4720
I have a 2007 JD 4720 with a rodent chewed proportioning valve wiring harness wire. I was able to pull the wiring harness out of a channel leading back to the proportional solenoids but there doesn't seem to be a way to get at the other end without splitting the front end. Has anyone else had to replace this harness and does it actually require going through the splitting process? If yes...is that something a backyard semi-mechanic can handle or do I need to involve the dealer? Obviously this leaves my tractor immobile so getting it to a dealer would be a pain not to mention the cost. If I have to go that route...how long should it take to do the split/repair? Thanks.

/ 4720 Proportioning Valve Wiring Harness Replacement #2  
There was a thread on GTT a while back on this. You may wanna check there

/ 4720 Proportioning Valve Wiring Harness Replacement
I've searched everywhere and can't find an answer. What I thought was a channel where the harness went is a solid wall. The electrical diagrams in the tech manual don't help in this case. I spoke to a JD service manager and he said there should be no reason that the front end would need to be split to access the wires.

Is there anyone out there in the Stillwater, MN or surrounding area that has a 2007 or slightly older JD 4720 that I could take a look at? It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to figure out where these wires lead to. Thanks.

/ 4720 Proportioning Valve Wiring Harness Replacement
Maybe a few pictures would help. I hope I'm attaching these correctly. If you can see where this harness attaches on your 4720 maybe post a picture. Thanks.

JD close up side view.jpgJD wire over hump.jpgJD under foot pedals.jpgJD side view.jpg