4R series and Country of Origin

/ 4R series and Country of Origin #1  

chill63b

Tractor
None yet, other than Garden Tractors
I've been lurking here for many years, and am finally getting close to a new tractor purchase with a 4052R HST Cab model at the top of my list. Also looking at 2800M Massey's, but I'll save that for a different thread.

I know the final assembly location of the 4R series and others is in Augusta, GA; the engines are Yanmar from Japan; but where do the rest of the major parts come from? Are they US made loaders and castings? Or am I going to find China/India/Mexico all over the tractor?

When I go buy a new car or truck the window sticker tells me the domestic parts content and well as the origin of the engine and transmission. It doesn't seem as easy to find out for a tractor.

Thanks,
Chris

/ 4R series and Country of Origin
I went and crawled around on a 4R cab model at a local dealer. I can say the loader and cab are both made in Mexico. The engine is a Yanmar from Japan, I think we all knew that. The tractor itself just says assembled in USA, which indicates less than 50% domestic parts content. I couldn't find any casting marks that indicated where the major components were made.

/ 4R series and Country of Origin #3  
Today, it's dubbed 'World Class Economy' which in plain speak means parts sourced from the least expensive supplier to glean the most profit with little thought about overall quality.

Nothing is 100 % made in USA, except babies and even they are delivered with Chinese surgical tools.... :rolleyes:

/ 4R series and Country of Origin #5  
Most likely the powertrain is Japanese/Yanmar and as Paystar said, Danfoss hydro unit, shipped on a skid to US and assembled.

/ 4R series and Country of Origin #6  
Yet, Deere still gets a bunch of loyal followers who think they are being more patriotic buy buying green (not all JD fans, but some).

/ 4R series and Country of Origin #7  
Most likely the powertrain is Japanese/Yanmar and as Paystar said, Danfoss hydro unit, shipped on a skid to US and assembled.
I can't remember, but are they like Kubota where they make their loaders and backhoes in the USA, and the tractor is just assembled here?

I can't remember, but are they like Kubota where they make their loaders and backhoes in the USA, and the tractor is just assembled here?
Deere Loaders and Cabs are Mexico. Engines are Japan. I'm not sure where Danfoss builds the hydrostatic trans. Nobody seems to know where the rest comes from, even the dealers I asked. However, one did say "probably India"....

Today, it's dubbed 'World Class Economy' which in plain speak means parts sourced from the least expensive supplier to glean the most profit with little thought about overall quality.

Nothing is 100 % made in USA, except babies and even they are delivered with Chinese surgical tools.... :rolleyes:
I get the global thing... I just want to put forth my best effort to know where my dollars are going.

/ 4R series and Country of Origin #10  
I get the global thing... I just want to put forth my best effort to know where my dollars are going.
Mostly China on EVERYTHING you buy. Even out Cat equipment at the mine....you look all over it and all kinds of parts and all hydraulic fittings have "made in China" stamped on them.