4x4 Photos

/ 4x4 Photos #1  

njrqs

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L1-20 DT
As promised for Jef & John Miller etc. from a continuation of our Shed Update thread.

Some photos of some of us doing silly things with our "Road Tractors"

Cheers

<font color=blue>Neil from OZ.</font color=blue>

Attachments

• 35-80275-hilux2wheeltravel.jpg
    35-80275-hilux2wheeltravel.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 174
   / 4x4 Photos
Same Creek as earlier.

Different fool !

Attachments

• 35-80276-jamescreek2.jpg
    35-80276-jamescreek2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 148
   / 4x4 Photos
Same again.

Yet another fool

Attachments

• 35-80277-stevecreek1.jpg
    35-80277-stevecreek1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 139
   / 4x4 Photos
Good mud !!

Attachments

• 35-80278-PaulSideways4.jpg
    35-80278-PaulSideways4.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 136
   / 4x4 Photos
Last one or Woodstock will think I am having a crack at his Super Veteran Heavyweight Title

Attachments

• 35-80279-NeilMudhole2.jpg
    35-80279-NeilMudhole2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 147
   / 4x4 Photos #6  
Neil, doesn't that kind of travel make for some high maintenance costs?/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif The last time I did anything like that was on my brother's Kawasaki Mule (with him driving) going through the creek just below my house. I picked my feet up, but still thought I was going to get my hip pockets wet with water right up to the edge of the seat. Don't know whether you've ever seen one, but the air intake on the Mule is the roll bar so it'll stay out of the water until the whole machine is submerged.

BirdSig.jpg

/ 4x4 Photos #7  
Have you all ever had the chance to take a look at the swamp buggy racing down in Florida? If I remember right they run four classes from Jeeps to wild custom jobs with four foot high four inch wide wheels. They run side by side in a figure eight pattern and at various places along the course it gets deep enough to completely submerge the vehicle except the drivers head. The higher classes go so fast they skim over the top of these "sippey" holes as they call them. One of these days I'd like to get down there to see them in person!

Jeff

/ 4x4 Photos #8  
Oh, I assume that Jeep is a gas model. Do you have any problems with the electrical systems when running in the deep water like this. I remember taking my 70's era car to the car wash and washing the engine. Thing wouldn't start worth a tinkers damn for at least 1/2 hour until it dried out.

Jeff...again GO GOLD!!

/ 4x4 Photos #9  
Yeah, Jeff, I've watched those swamp buggies on TV; never in person.

And for many years, I regularly washed the engines of my vehicles at a coin operated car wash. And the only problem I ever had was if I got moisture inside the distributor cap. Don't know how many of you are old enough to remember the little sliding door on the side of the distributor on some cars (for a special tool to be inserted to adjust the dwell with the engine running), but I washed the engine on my '70 Olds and then discovered that little door was open./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif No problem if you have a compressed air source to blow it out. I've also had instances in which a warm engine caused condensation on the inside of the distributor cap. That could simply be wiped out with a facial tissue.

And now I've gotten very lax about washing the engines, so I did that on my wife's car Wednesday here at home; sprayed a degreaser first, then water with my air/water gun, blew off the excess water with the air hose, and then as always ran the car long enough to get it fully warmed up to evaporate any water left under the hood. And yesterday, I broke a mud daubers' nest off the throttle linkage on my old pickup, plus two more other places under the hood; guess I better think about washing that engine again pretty soon, too./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ 4x4 Photos
Bird - Love that signature.

If the water is clean, it is OK. Dries out alright. Comes in thru my vents and runs behind the dash - So that is a bit nasty.

When it is muddy, it takes ages to clean out, but we normally don't drive thru muddy water as deep as the clean stuff - Too scary !!

I grease everything after each run in the mud, and sometimes have to drain the transfer case. I have breather on my diffs that run up into the engine bay.

Sort of fun while it lasts, but yes, probably isn't doing any GOOD to the vehicle.

At least mine is only worth $18,000 Aus whereas some of the guys drive $50,000 Aus trucks and do the same stuff - Now that's scary !!

Cheers