5 acres of rocks, a tractor-loader question

/ 5 acres of rocks, a tractor-loader question #11  
Garry,

Congrats on second. No disgrace there. We're still in prime tournament season and I'm doing reasonably well. the weather is cooperating very well as it hasn't rained but 1 day in about 2 months.

Are you close to getting your tractor yet? I really liked the Century units. They did some thinking on ergonomics. the fuel filler nozzle is easily accessible from the ground, the gear shift is comfortably accessed from the seat. Other things I noticed were rear worklight is already there, and the rear signals/flashers are very nice. All in all I was really impressed. I'm a huge fan of kubota, NH and of course, JD but for the price........

I have no idea how much a new Jinma with a quality loader, etc. is but I think my neighbor was selling the 30 HP Century for around $14,200 (don't quote me on that) with a Century loader, off brand brush hog, and an off brand scraper blade.
Seems like a reasonably good deal. Again I haven't done any homework on the subject since I'm not in the market for a tractor but the fit and finish was as good as ANY new tractor I've seen. I don't receive any commision for this advertising just passing on my personal opinion for what it's worth. Not trying to offend any Jinma owners as I haven't done any real work with one.

/ 5 acres of rocks, a tractor-loader question #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Are you close to getting your tractor yet? )</font>

Well, yes. By that I mean that every day that goes by I do get closer! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If things stay as they are, it's still a year or so away. But you may have seen the thread I posted a while back about the possibility of buying about 40 acres near here. we're still looking into that deal, and if it happens to come about, then I'll need to get the tractor sooner. Only time will tell. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I have to admit, though. As much fun as it is visiting different dealers and learning about the different machines, I'm starting to get a little tired of it. I just want to get it!! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
It's really frustrating! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ 5 acres of rocks, a tractor-loader question #13  
Hang in there. 40 acres sounds like tons of work (which is fun).

Funny thing is I've not really been able to do much tractoring lately as it's been too darn dusty. Nothing like dragging dirt around in a cloud of dust to be swallowed and inhaled. I'd never have thought that around here there was really any time of the year where it wouldn't be good for tractoring as we usually get enough rain even in the summer to keep things at least a little moist. I was dead wrong. I'm very much looking forward to the fall.

/ 5 acres of rocks, a tractor-loader question
Ok TD, who is the dealer who is close by? Fit and finish is good, but it still is just packaging. The Jinma, from what I have read, is a mechanically sound tractor. That is really all I am looking for. There is a Tym dealer close by, and yes his tractors look as good as the new Newhollands, and for about 14k I can get one with a loader, plus a 5 year warrentee. But I am looking at cost, and for 4k less I can get a comparable Jinma.
That said, I posted on TBN to gather information and to make an informed choice.
And, Century tractors are something I will have to look into.

Ender

/ 5 acres of rocks, a tractor-loader question #15  
Here is a dealer in I believe its Richman, Washington, who would treat you right, if its not too far away. He has Jinma and other brands and used also. If you check the posts on here, you will find he is well liked and honest. http://www.efctractors.com If you check the web site, you can see,kind of what, he has to offer.

/ 5 acres of rocks, a tractor-loader question
Yeah, EFC is about 4 hours on the road from here. That said, I figure I will be making a run up there in a week or so to see what he has.

Thanks for the input. Lets me know he is someone who would be good to know.

Ender

/ 5 acres of rocks, a tractor-loader question #17  
TD,

I have not looked real closely at a Jinma either, but I do know that they only have gear trannys, and I would want at least a synchro shuttle. Nothing against anyone who loves gear trannys! No flames guys!! It just is not an option for me. For that matter, I don't feel the need to have hydro either!

But if I do come across a dealer in my area that has Jinma's sitting around, I certainly will look at them. You just never know when you might stumble across the deal of a lifetime! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

By the way TD, if you're interested, here's a link to my thread about the possibility of buying that 40 acres I mentioned. Definitely generated some interesting conversation!

40 Acre Thread

/ 5 acres of rocks, a tractor-loader question #18  
Ender,

I'm not sure if I'm closer than Richmond from you or not but my neighbor has Jinma's and Century as well as grey's. Here is a link to his website. I know of EFC and Buck is a knowledgeable and very helpful guy. He is often found out here in the Yanmar group. Here is a link to my neighbors site FYI. I noticed he doesn't have any pictures of his Century units yet.

BustedBackTractors

I don't really know anything about TYM but I've heard they make a hydro unit if that is something you are after. Good luck making an informed decision - this is the best place I found for information when I was doing research for buying my tractor. Hope it works out well for you. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 5 acres of rocks, a tractor-loader question #19  
Garry,

I guess I'll have to hop on over to my neighbors and do some real testing on one of his Jinma's. It's the least I could do.

I hope you are able to get the "deal of a lifetime" although those seem to be hard to find when it comes to tractors.

I'll check out your thread while eating lunch today - I'm always interested in land - heck you could put a few holes on 40 acres.

Talk at you later. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ 5 acres of rocks, a tractor-loader question #20  
I believe Buck has a Jinma with loader for around $6500. That price would be hard to beat anywhere.