5' Rotary Cutter OK With B2650?

/ 5' Rotary Cutter OK With B2650? #11  
Lots of tradeoffs. How much land needs the grass mowed ? Suggest taking a look at TractorHouse.com | 216 KUBOTA B261HSD For Sale which is a surprising amount of equipment in a package. If that dealer in Illinois can sell for that so can yours. And they are saying "make an offer" too. I guess we all know how the sales business works. Just an interesting datapoint. Also take a look at http://www.tractorhouse.com/listing.../list/?Manu=KUBOTA&Mdltxt=B2601HSD&mdlx=exact which includes several packages , 2 or 3 local to you. Almost none show a price. Here in So. MD the Scag brand zero turns have a solid reputation. I am not familiar with their models at all but I see on Scag Mowers, Zero Turn Mowers, Turf Tigers, Mid Size Mowers, and Parts | Scag Mower Prices and Dealer Dallas that there are at least some 61" deck models under $7500. They can however get over $10K for bigger ones. Good luck deciding.

/ 5' Rotary Cutter OK With B2650? #12  
I have used a 60" bush hog behind a B7500. It was a lot happier after I disconnected the toplink and used it as a "semi mount" cutter. It was also slow going in heavy stuff.
I imagine that a B with more HP should be fine as long as you have enough weight up front.

Aaron Z

/ 5' Rotary Cutter OK With B2650?
Aaron interesting you mentioned a 60" RC on a B7500. Actually that would probably work for me on the thin weeds to keep the trails clean but would be very slow going in waist high fields.

/ 5' Rotary Cutter OK With B2650?
JWR thanks for the Tractorhouse link I've bookmarked it! Also Scag is a good suggestion I've heard the name but not actually looked them over.
I guess at this point trading off my B7500 for a nice used 26+ hp tractor with FEL and 5' RC, plus a nice quality 60" zero turn makes the most sense.