50 hour service on MF1643 with pictures?

/ 50 hour service on MF1643 with pictures? #1  

jtheise4

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1643 & Allis-Chalmers D14
I need to complete my 50 hour service on my MF1643 fairly soon. Does anyone have pictures from their service? Looks straight forward enough, but the diagrams in the owners manual aren't exactly clear. Don't want to loosen the wrong plug!!!! Thanks.

/ 50 hour service on MF1643 with pictures? #2  
I just did my fifty hour service on my 1652 this summer. I never thought to take any pics, but it's alot easier than you might think. It's realy straight forward.

/ 50 hour service on MF1643 with pictures?
I just did my fifty hour service on my 1652 this summer. I never thought to take any pics, but it's alot easier than you might think. It's realy straight forward.

The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is where the hydraulic filter is located. From what I gather in the owners manual, there are two (I have a hydrostatic transmission). The first appears to be a canister filter, located behind some plate? I found the second, which is just a normal spin on. Am I on the right track?

/ 50 hour service on MF1643 with pictures? #4  
The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is where the hydraulic filter is located. From what I gather in the owners manual, there are two (I have a hydrostatic transmission). The first appears to be a canister filter, located behind some plate? I found the second, which is just a normal spin on. Am I on the right track?

Those are the ones. You are bang on. If you have a 45 gallon poly drum you can get your hands on, cut it down to slip under the tractor from the rear, will be easier for you.

:)

df.

/ 50 hour service on MF1643 with pictures? #5  
Hi ! I did my own engine oil and filter a few weeks ago, only to unscrew both the nuts under the engine ( 2 reservoirs and your driving shaft passes in between) and the filter is right side of the engine . My dealer told me not to flush the hydraulic oil till 150 hours even if the book say to flush everything at 50 hours.....but the decision is yours. I,ll wait at 150 hres to flush the hydraulic oil, many companys are extending the hydraulic oil flush at more than 50 hres ...........and I personnaly think that flushing 31 liters of oil so early is spilling oil for nothing, there is a filter and a screen to protect your oil after all....but it is my opinion......do as you feel good. Good luck

/ 50 hour service on MF1643 with pictures? #6  

The one behind the plate is a filter screen. The dealership said it was reusable. Pull it out, and blow compressed air to clean any debris out. Just make sure you blow from the inside of the filter out so as to not force any of the debris into the pleats. I was going to just replace mine, but the dealer wanted $160.00 for a new one. Decided to just reuse it a few times and the dealer said it was meant to be reused a couple times. The spin on filter if yours is the same as my 1652 is up front, just behind the brush guard and underneath.