50 hour service

/ 50 hour service #11  
In term's of cold weather performance, think of regular Hygard as a 15w-40 oil and LV Hygard as a 5-40. Which one do you think is going to perform better in frigid temperature's?

/ 50 hour service #12  
My tractor shipped from the factory with regular vis HyGard. Living in Alaska, I was a little concerned about keeping the fluid in the tractor for 400 hours of use. As well; I didn't really want to swap out 10 gallons of new fluid. :eek:

The fluid level was off the dipstick when I checked the first time.. All I have is Lo-vis. Both dealerships that I contacted said it was not a problem to add Lo-Vis to the regular HyGard.

That's what I'm currently using - a blend of HyGard. Maybe have added 3 1/2 gal of lo vis to the tractor and I've got over 200 hours on the machine.

'Course, the 2520 only needs 2.6 gallons, (I think) so, it might just be easiest to switch over if you'll be using the tractor in conditions of numerous (consecutive) days of below zero weather! :D

AKfish

/ 50 hour service #13  
The other part of my logic on going with the regular Hygard (besides the fact that I won't be operating in below zero temps much, if at all) is that 99% of my operating is running the tractor in the summertime, wide open, mowing in 80 degree heat.

Since I only put, maybe, 80 hours or so a year on the machine, I elected to pick the hydro oil that seems best for the majority of the time I'm operating.

If I put 99% of my hours on the machine when it was cold, I would definitely go with the low-vis Hygard. You can definitely feel (and hear) the difference when it's cold (say, below about 40 degrees). When I do use the machine in colder weather, I always let it warm up for 5 minutes or so before I do much with it.

/ 50 hour service #14  
The other part of my logic on going with the regular Hygard (besides the fact that I won't be operating in below zero temps much, if at all) is that 99% of my operating is running the tractor in the summertime, wide open, mowing in 80 degree heat.

Since I only put, maybe, 80 hours or so a year on the machine, I elected to pick the hydro oil that seems best for the majority of the time I'm operating.

If I put 99% of my hours on the machine when it was cold, I would definitely go with the low-vis Hygard. You can definitely feel (and hear) the difference when it's cold (say, below about 40 degrees). When I do use the machine in colder weather, I always let it warm up for 5 minutes or so before I do much with it.

I am in the same boat runner..... When its cold, my loader is very jerky... I know its the fluid... But I also use the tractor when its very hot. My dealer said use the low vis and don't worry... But I have not made up my mind yet...