50 hr maintenance

/ 50 hr maintenance #1  

c5ken

Tractor
Ford 8n
Rookie here...
I bought an LS XG3135h several months ago.

I will have 50 hrs on the tractor soon.
Accordingly to the manual, I should do the following:
Change eng. oil, oil filter, fuel filter, HYD filter & HST filter.
I've been told I should also change out the hydraulic oil although the manual states 300 hrs, not 50 hrs..
What do you guys think?? Should I change the hydraulic oil or just go with replacing all of the filters?
Anything else I should do to a new LS tractor?

/ 50 hr maintenance #2  
I just changed all the filters at 50 hours. Then the hyd oil at 300 hours on my Kubota....:)

/ 50 hr maintenance #3  
At least, do what your Op Manual says. This will ensure that the warrantee remains in effect. Anything beyond that, change hydraulic oil, is your choice. I changed my hydraulic oil @ 50 hours. It's what was recommended in my Op Manual.

I also changed the gear oil in the front axle and outboard gear reduction boxes. All recommended in my Op Manual.

/ 50 hr maintenance
Thanks for the info/suggestions...

/ 50 hr maintenance #5  
Thanks for the info/suggestions...

I would use factory filters at least until the warranty is over ..:2cents:

/ 50 hr maintenance #6  
On my JD I went ahead a changed the hydraulic fluid at 50 hours. The manual said I didn’t have to, I suppose you could catch it and dump it back on. The way mine is set up it was all going to run out anyway.

/ 50 hr maintenance #7  
My Kubotas will also dump the sump when removing the HST filter, but at 50h my last 2 tractors specified the Hydraulic filter at 50h and HST filter and fluid at 400h.
My first L3410 got the HST fluid at 50h, and my current L4060 did not.
There are some vacuum tricks to slow the fluid loss, but I've never tried them.

/ 50 hr maintenance #8  
My Kubotas will also dump the sump when removing the HST filter, but at 50h my last 2 tractors specified the Hydraulic filter at 50h and HST filter and fluid at 400h.
My first L3410 got the HST fluid at 50h, and my current L4060 did not.
There are some vacuum tricks to slow the fluid loss, but I've never tried them.

My kubota books says hst filter at 50hours then every 200 hours hyd oil at 400 hours

/ 50 hr maintenance #9  
My kubota books says hst filter at 50hours then every 200 hours hyd oil at 400 hours

Yeah... I had that backwards. HST filter at 50h then every 200, Hydraulic filter and fluid every 400.

/ 50 hr maintenance #10  
Yeah... I had that backwards. HST filter at 50h then every 200, Hydraulic filter and fluid every 400.

My l3800 engine oil and filter every 200h , The l47 engine oil and filter every 400h . That's what the book says I think I will do both every 200h