50" LT1050 Deck Clogging, What Blades?

/ 50" LT1050 Deck Clogging, What Blades?
The blades are the standard 3 in 1 blades that came with the mower from the factory. I believe they are a high lift blade as they are designed to mulch, bag, or cut with the discharge shoot open.

/ 50" LT1050 Deck Clogging, What Blades? #12  
I never had a discharge problem with the high lift blades that came with the bagger system.
God luck and I hope you resolve your problem with discharge.
Sounds like you are doing everything the way you should.

Just got home from the office and looked at the blades a bit closer. I'm not totally sure but I think they are definitely the culptrit, the **** discharge is almost the whole side of the deck so that can't be the restriction lol. Think I may try to order some low lift blades and see how they do. Does anyone have a part number for the low lift blades for this deck?

Well I looked at the deck a bit closer and noticed in the discharge area there is a large restriction. Not really sure what it is there for. Maybe to prevent excessive rock or solid object shooting or for "supposedly" better suction in that area for a better mulching effect, who knows. I cut it off with a saw zall and cut my neighbors yard again. The deck still does accumulate grass underneat but it never completely clogged the chute. The airplaine propeller sound was there but never any clogging or hunks falling down and dragging the mower down. Hopefully with the addition of the gator blades things will only get better.

/ 50" LT1050 Deck Clogging, What Blades? #15  
NickTF said:
Well I looked at the deck a bit closer and noticed in the discharge area there is a large restriction. Not really sure what it is there for. Maybe to prevent excessive rock or solid object shooting or for "supposedly" better suction in that area for a better mulching effect, who knows. I cut it off with a saw zall and cut my neighbors yard again.

I had a similar problem, bending it down 1/2" fixed it in my case...

Aaron Z

/ 50" LT1050 Deck Clogging, What Blades? #16  
I had a similar problem, bending it down 1/2" fixed it in my case...

Aaron Z

Cutting out that bar seems drastic, did it help? I was wondering if there was a cross-blade designed, something that ran perpendicular to the blades to increase air flow? My mower repair company bent up the edges of my blades a bit to increase flow...it helps a little but not enough.

/ 50" LT1050 Deck Clogging, What Blades? #17  
Well I looked at the deck a bit closer and noticed in the discharge area there is a large restriction. Not really sure what it is there for. Maybe to prevent excessive rock or solid object shooting or for "supposedly" better suction in that area for a better mulching effect, who knows. I cut it off with a saw zall and cut my neighbors yard again. The deck still does accumulate grass underneat but it never completely clogged the chute. The airplaine propeller sound was there but never any clogging or hunks falling down and dragging the mower down. Hopefully with the addition of the gator blades things will only get better.

Did cutting out that bar really help? Seems drastic, I don't want to damage a perfectly good mower deck (well good except it clogs all the time)

/ 50" LT1050 Deck Clogging, What Blades? #18  
Cutting out that bar seems drastic, did it help? I was wondering if there was a cross-blade designed, something that ran perpendicular to the blades to increase air flow? My mower repair company bent up the edges of my blades a bit to increase flow...it helps a little but not enough.
I bent the bar and switched to Gator blades. No issues after that (although, we sold it not long after and switched to a 3000 series Cub Cadet with a 60" deck).

Aaron Z

/ 50" LT1050 Deck Clogging, What Blades? #19  
I've had an LT1050 for about 11 years now and never clogged the deck. I cut about 2.5 acres of bumpy Missouri rock filled ground and it's been fine. I have cut an unused portion of the yard when the grass is longer than 12" and it cuts through that effortlessly. I use a heavy duty blade with a high lift and other than the usual deck maintenance there have been no issues.
'

/ 50" LT1050 Deck Clogging, What Blades? #20  
I've been using a 1050 for about 8 years and never had a clog. When I bought my last one, the dealer gifted me a set of Gator blades,saying that they were "much better" than the CC blades. They work pretty good. I use the cruise control occasionally on level areas. It works ok except that if you get to a downhill run, it takes off like a dragster. I don't think it's supposed to free wheel like that, but it does.