500k Post Contest **Enter Now**

/ 500k Post Contest **Enter Now** #112  
Bird,

I have no sour grapes that is not my nature and i lost nothing anyway only some sleep.
In my situation it would be ridiculous to set my time on the default to anything other than what is the current server time, and i just assumed that would be EST USA. Why would you run default time on a site at zero and something else on that site at another time, It does not sound logical to me.

/ 500k Post Contest **Enter Now** #113  
<font color="blue"> set mine at -1 </font>

Is that minus 1. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I have mine set at 1.

/ 500k Post Contest **Enter Now** #114  
ummm..........yeah right, thats it +1
Mine is too, now that I look

/ 500k Post Contest **Enter Now** #115  
Only missed it by a few hours.........and TWO months. December??? What was I thinking?

/ 500k Post Contest **Enter Now** #116  
<font color="blue">Why would you run default time on a site at zero and something else on that site at another time, It does not sound logical to me. </font>

Vin,

You're right of course. Everyone should be on Texas time. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 500k Post Contest **Enter Now** #117  
<rant>

This is yet another reason why time zones, and especially daylight savings time in the US, suck. Why can't the entire planet be on a single time? Who really gives a rip if the sun rises at 9:47pm at your geographic location? Marking time is an arbirtary metric anyway, so why not give everyone a common reference point?

</rant>

Dave

/ 500k Post Contest **Enter Now** #118  
Just happened to notice this today. Look how long it took us to reach the 500k mark. Now we are already over 700k in just over 10 months. You guys that were ready to start guessing for the 1,000,000 better be sharpening your pencils - err, I guess limbering your fingers up. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I can't believe how much this site has grown since I've been here, and it was doing pretty good when I started in 2001. I pretty much "knew everyone by name" then. Can't do that anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 500k Post Contest **Enter Now** #119  
<font color="blue"> My prediction for post 1,000,000 is sometime in December of 2006. </font>

Wow, Dave... You're pretty accurate. It seems to be pacing for December... I'm going to say December 20 at 1:23 am. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif