5065e- tow chain storage

/ 5065e- tow chain storage #1  

Rmd8136

Gold Member
Tractor
Deere 5065e MFWD
image.jpg
I attached 2, 14 ft long (5/16", Gr 70) chains to the top of my HD bucket. I used 2, 3/4" diameter clevis inserted thru the holes intended for a grapple, which I do not currently have. It is a handy location and they will always be with machine.

Last edited:
   / 5065e- tow chain storage
image.jpg
I put a 2x4 behind the chains and secured with bungee cords so the chains would not rattle

/ 5065e- tow chain storage #3  
looks nice a clean setup but just seems like way too much work if you use the chain often. I use my chains several times a week and store them in a tool box mounted on tractor. yank them out when you need them, throw them back in when done.

/ 5065e- tow chain storage
Where is your box mounted? With a loader, I thought it would be hard to get to one mounted under or in front of grill guard? Got any photos?

/ 5065e- tow chain storage #5  
Where is your box mounted? With a loader, I thought it would be hard to get to one mounted under or in front of grill guard? Got any photos?
ill try and get a phot later I removed a step from right hand side and had my friend fabricate a box to put in its place.

/ 5065e- tow chain storage #6  
I fabbed up a "chain bucket" which is made of a piece of 4" dia PVC that was bolted to a mounting bracket for a 2" reese hitch. This bracket slides into a mating bracket that is part of what the FEL mounts to the tractor with. This way, I can remove it whenever I need to.

Maybe you could come up with a similar design that attaches to your loader mast or maybe somewhere on the tractor? Your idea works, but like fatslob indicated, it seems to be a lot of effort every time you want to use it.

Chain bucket 010.jpg

/ 5065e- tow chain storage #7  
I agree... if it isn't easy to get to and also easy to return it's gonna end up tossed in the bucket or floorboards or dropped forgotten and lost.