Price Check 5083e and 5085m pricing?

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing?
I would love a cab on the tractor! -I think it just puts me over the top on what I am comfortable spending -- (kid n colleges). Good or bad -I dont need to spend all day on a tractor, but boy it made me rework my budget to see if i could swing it!

I ended up right at 16% below msrp.

2012 m85. 32/16R transmission, Deluxe isolated open station,electro hydraulic and remote fender control, triple mid and rear SCV's, cold weather pkg, tires filled and H260 bucket.

They are saying mid march, MID MARCH - I cant wait - -I'll just wear my new JD hat that I got for xmas, I guess

Next question to figure - -Box blades, and front grapple buckets - -I also liked the thread on the top n tilt add on package -- seems like it might work. Will be maintaing forest roads and moving brush and logs- -amoung other chores

heck -I may just move a pile of dirt.... and then move it back

any links to those type equip threads would be great

the forum is great as I have been studying and reading in prep for the above tractor

thanks to all who participate!

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing? #12  
I would love a cab on the tractor! -I think it just puts me over the top on what I am comfortable spending -- (kid n colleges). Good or bad -I dont need to spend all day on a tractor, but boy it made me rework my budget to see if i could swing it!

I ended up right at 16% below msrp.

2012 m85. 32/16R transmission, Deluxe isolated open station,electro hydraulic and remote fender control, triple mid and rear SCV's, cold weather pkg, tires filled and H260 bucket.

They are saying mid march, MID MARCH - I cant wait - -I'll just wear my new JD hat that I got for xmas, I guess

Next question to figure - -Box blades, and front grapple buckets - -I also liked the thread on the top n tilt add on package -- seems like it might work. Will be maintaing forest roads and moving brush and logs- -amoung other chores

heck -I may just move a pile of dirt.... and then move it back

any links to those type equip threads would be great

the forum is great as I have been studying and reading in prep for the above tractor

thanks to all who participate!

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me:thumbsup: Looks like your pretty well getting the newer version of my 5410! Really good tractor.

Box blade is a must for dirt work, I'd get one with the hydraulic sacrificers if you can. The BB42 series:
JohnDeere BB42 Series Box Blades Landscape Equipment JohnDeere.com

Top and tilt is nice. I would look into one of them. There are a couple people on TBN who sell them. MtnViewRanch is a member here and has some high quality stuff. I do believe you can get them from the dealer/factory but I never have. It's always one of those things on the to do list. I'll either be buying a new tractor with one or putting one on my 3120 come spring.

As far as a grapple goes if your doing a ton of brush/log work they are definitely very handy. IMO Deere doesn't have the best factory grapples. I'd look for a good aftermarket one. Most of Deere's are the combo debris grapple and they don't work as well IMO.

I found I did a lot of pointless work whenever I got a new machine too, they are a lot of fun!

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing? #13  
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me:thumbsup: Looks like your pretty well getting the newer version of my 5410! Really good tractor.

Box blade is a must for dirt work, I'd get one with the hydraulic sacrificers if you can. The BB42 series:
JohnDeere BB42 Series Box Blades Landscape Equipment JohnDeere.com

Top and tilt is nice. I would look into one of them. There are a couple people on TBN who sell them. MtnViewRanch is a member here and has some high quality stuff. I do believe you can get them from the dealer/factory but I never have. It's always one of those things on the to do list. I'll either be buying a new tractor with one or putting one on my 3120 come spring.

As far as a grapple goes if your doing a ton of brush/log work they are definitely very handy. IMO Deere doesn't have the best factory grapples. I'd look for a good aftermarket one. Most of Deere's are the combo debris grapple and they don't work as well IMO.

I found I did a lot of pointless work whenever I got a new machine too, they are a lot of fun!

I have the Frontier root grapple and it is as stout of grapple as you can get and weighs a hair less than 1000 lbs. I've tried my best to tear it up and every piece of metal is still straight. We also run it on our skid steer that has over twice the lifting capacity of my tractor and it has held up there too.

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing? #14  
I have the Frontier root grapple and it is as stout of grapple as you can get and weighs a hair less than 1000 lbs. I've tried my best to tear it up and every piece of metal is still straight. We also run it on our skid steer that has over twice the lifting capacity of my tractor and it has held up there too.

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong things then. I still haven't gotten the new Deere website redesign figured out yet! I know I've seen them before but didn't see them when I just browsed through trying to find it.

Pheasantboy,
Did you get the SSQA on the loader - it is a must. Lot more versatility.

absolutely - -skid steer loader, for me was a must -needed to get a non john deere loader, it might not be green - -but it opens up a lot of possibilities

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing? #16  
Took delivery of a 2011 5083e last month...ended up 16.5% off of MSRP..

newhope - I got a price on the 5083e and found the discount on the 5083e was better than on the 5m - -also, the dealer had less to work with me on the M series as far as financing as he said he needed to kick in more if I went 60 mo instead of 48 mo

not sure what all that means -but it told me they wanted to move more E sees than M series and not sure why

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing? #18  
Yes...my dealer said the same..I never really seriously considered the m series...have an open station 6 cyl 2955 that still has a few farm years left on it and I farm with a 75 yr old relative and he has a 4620 for the heavy work....the cab was what I was after this yr...and hopefully getting him in a cab will keep him farming as long as possible...the 5083e is a great tractor..I shake my head and smile when I hear the black paint keeps em from this model...

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing? #19  
Yes...my dealer said the same..I never really seriously considered the m series...have an open station 6 cyl 2955 that still has a few farm years left on it and I farm with a 75 yr old relative and he has a 4620 for the heavy work....the cab was what I was after this yr...and hopefully getting him in a cab will keep him farming as long as possible...the 5083e is a great tractor..I shake my head and smile when I hear the black paint keeps em from this model...

The new 5083e is now all green and looks much like the M inside and out. The frame is still lighter, but a lot of upgrades. I wasn't fond of the black paint either, and was impressed enough with the upgrades to trade up. The 2012 is about $5000 more than my 2010 was.

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing? #20  
Aggie...I totally understand your decision...most do like the "all-green"...I kinda like the black for some reason..I needed to make a new purchase before yr end to help cover some 1099 income taxes and the discounts and o%financing were too much to pass on...haven't seen a 2012 but will def be interested to see what they are...I moved my air seat rearward 3" and tilted the base 1" higher in the front...man, these 5e's are really good looking machines...I picking up another 60 acres of leased land for 2012 to keep me busy and lord willing with some rain have a better yr than 2011...I haven't heard a sole express regret in the purchase of a 5e,5m or 6 series tractor...great tractors the bunch...looks like the hard part is matching the right tractor to your needs without going overboard...