50hr filter change on a CK2610 HST : how much fluid will I lose?

/ 50hr filter change on a CK2610 HST : how much fluid will I lose? #1  

mangler

Gold Member
Tractor
Sears G5500, Kioti CK2610
Just about to change the filters on my CK2610 (HST and Hydraulic). Wondering how much fluid I will need to top up after the mess.

I will also be investigating 2 FEL zerks that do not seem to want to take grease anymore. They worked fine the last 2 greasing sessions, now nothing, no new grease visible.

/ 50hr filter change on a CK2610 HST : how much fluid will I lose? #2  
Do the "shopvac trick" when doing the hydraulic and HST filters. You place or tape a shopvac nozzle over the oil fill port, turn on the shopvac .... remove one filter at a time... you will get drips and loose the quantity of oil in the filter.

At most, a couple quarts will be lost using the vac trick. If you don't, be prepared for a mess.... you might be quick, but you will loose a LOT more fluid!

Here's a video:

Last edited:
   / 50hr filter change on a CK2610 HST : how much fluid will I lose? #3  
There you have your hydraulic fluid answer. As far as the zerk fittings go, you can try removing them and see if they'll pass grease. If not it may be possible to clean any hardened grease from them. Beyond that you're probably looking at replacing them.

/ 50hr filter change on a CK2610 HST : how much fluid will I lose? #4  
My question is why wouldn’t you want all fresh oil when changing the engine and hydraulic oil after the break-in period? I changed both filters, air filter and dropped all the fluid at 48 hours. Nice having all new fluid IMO. Especially when the next change is a long ways out.

But I’m interested in the reasoning behind not doing so, especially if it’s helpful in the servicing of my tractor.

Last edited:
   / 50hr filter change on a CK2610 HST : how much fluid will I lose?
My question is why wouldn’t you want all fresh oil when changing the engine and hydraulic oil after the break-in period? I changed both filters, air filter and dropped all the fluid at 48 hours. Nice having all new fluid IMO. Especially when the next change is a long ways out.

But I’m interested in the reasoning behind not doing so, especially if it’s helpful in the servicing of my tractor.
Of course you can't go wrong with replacing the fluid. But the service manual says only filters are required at 50hrs. I suspect dropping the hydraulic oil at 50hrs is unecessary in most cases, but I have to admit it does give piece of mind. Looks like I will get a "sample" when I change the filters, if it looks any different than the new top up stuff I will just drop it all.