50's New Holland Square Baler? Pic, what's it worth

/ 50's New Holland Square Baler? Pic, what's it worth #11  
That baler looks like it spent a lot of time in the weather. Check the bale chamber for severely rusted walls (you may have to dig a bale out of the chamber). $700 is pretty near scrap value which ought to tell you something.

Better bought for $700 than covered with money. It's not likely to scrap for more than half of that, unless scrap is much higher in CA than NY.

/ 50's New Holland Square Baler? Pic, what's it worth
Been emailin him back an forth. he is telling me it may miss a bale every 200 bales or so if you keep it greased up . He said once again he would cut a few bales up and run them threw for me to see it working. I also asked him what the lowest he would go and he said 650.00 cause he alredy lowered it from 800.00. I just dont have a clue how to work on these things. I know a few people that would probably help me out it's just the fact of askin if it's sumthing majjor. My uncle know about balers and farms so i told the guy i may bring him along and he said that was fine. Guy seems to be honest but ya never know. Thanks guy

He also said it was always kept outside but always covered. I just hoping i could find a good deal for the few acres I have. I'm not even really sure wat woudl be a safe figure that i could make a year w/ 6-10 acres. I only have maybe 4 that are decent timothy/orchard grass w/ some clover. The others i will be overseed this fall if i get a baler. I can rent a drill from Local ag dept. for free.

/ 50's New Holland Square Baler? Pic, what's it worth #14  
Been emailin him back an forth. he is telling me it may miss a bale every 200 bales or so if you keep it greased up . He said once again he would cut a few bales up and run them threw for me to see it working. I also asked him what the lowest he would go and he said 650.00 cause he alredy lowered it from 800.00. I just dont have a clue how to work on these things. I know a few people that would probably help me out it's just the fact of askin if it's sumthing majjor. My uncle know about balers and farms so i told the guy i may bring him along and he said that was fine. Guy seems to be honest but ya never know. Thanks guy

If you can bale 200 and have 1 miss tie, you will be fine with the acerage you are dealing with. Takes about 5 minutes to go back and rebale it. Ken Sweet

/ 50's New Holland Square Baler? Pic, what's it worth #15  
i believe if u see it tie a rebale it should tie just about any hay u cut because a rebale has alot more hay in the bale and gets bale tigher because the hay gets choped up finner from the plunger strokes the only problem u might have would be minor i think it is a great deal at the price he is asking and what he is willing to do before u by it

Thanks Ken,
So in your opinion if i would go look at it and he runs a few cut up bales threw it for $650, would you take the chance on it. I'm guessing i look inside and all and see how bad things would be rusted internally but I just havn't saw anything close to price range for what this guys is claimin this is. Just wondering if i found me a deal i guess lol. I really appreciate all the help. I love TBN. I get in trouble for bein on here all the time by the fiance lol.

He also has owners manual.

/ 50's New Holland Square Baler? Pic, what's it worth #18  
Here is a comparison for you, 4 years ago I bought a 336 with a kicker on it for 1000. Knotters were good, wagon hitch needed reworked, and it need several new pickup teeth. I have run at least 40K through it since then. That old New Holland is worth about 200 from what you describe, IMO.

/ 50's New Holland Square Baler? Pic, what's it worth #19  
Thanks Ken,
So in your opinion if i would go look at it and he runs a few cut up bales threw it for $650, would you take the chance on it. I'm guessing i look inside and all and see how bad things would be rusted internally but I just havn't saw anything close to price range for what this guys is claimin this is. Just wondering if i found me a deal i guess lol. I really appreciate all the help. I love TBN. I get in trouble for bein on here all the time by the fiance lol.

That baler would sell for $1200 here and you would not get to see it bale hay. Be sure to Checkout the knotters, needles, intake and bale chamber. Ken Sweet

/ 50's New Holland Square Baler? Pic, what's it worth #20  
To the OP,

The best "deal" I have seen in ETexas was for a Ford sq baler, in the field but covered, worked and he would prove it. Old-timer owned and maintained (and I mean that as a COMPLIMENT!) but was faded, he wanted $500 because Ford balers do not have a good reputation around here and from what I hear and he confirmed, parts can be a challenge.

If I saw YOUR baler locally for $700 and he would prove it baled, had the OM and it was cared for, the friction of the money being removed from my pocket would likely start a fire!