5103 Purchase

/ 5103 Purchase #1  

CWP37

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 5103 w/ 512 LDR
After lots of long, hard looking and research here, I signed the order for my new tractor. FYI - Here's what I got:

-John Deere 5103 Tractor w/ 512 FEL
-Tires loaded with sealer and ballast
-Imatch
-Arm rests
-Horizontal exhaust
-2 rear remotes
-Bolt-on Toothbar for FEL
-Quicktatch bale spear for FEL
-Rear work lights

-MX6 Rotary Cutter
-Front/Rear safety chains
-Slip clutch

-Frontier Rear Blade 2184
-Frontier Landscape Rake 2172
-Gauge Wheels
-Frontier Box Blade 1172

Package Price (delivered to Llano) $22,985

Now I have to wait 2 weeks for everything to come in. Thanks for all of your guys help and advice.

/ 5103 Purchase #2  
seems like a good deal

about how much was the cutting deck?

/ 5103 Purchase
I didn't get an itemized quote. I got quotes from several dealers on all of the equipment. I then took the best prices I found and put the package together. I told my local dealer what I wanted and wanted to pay and he did the deal. Obviously, I'm happy with the price and he'll make his money or he wouldn't have done it.

The best price I found on an MX6 was $2095. When I figured the package, I factored $2k for the cutter.

/ 5103 Purchase #4  
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

/ 5103 Purchase #5  
I've owned my 5103 for about 1.5 years now...been a great tractor. Has plenty of power but wish I would have bought loader @ time of purchase b/c it costs about 6k where I am to get one installed. You'll really like the open deck, no tripping over levers when getting on and off. The 5103 is a great, simple tractor.

/ 5103 Purchase #6  
Sounds like a great deal! That machine will do a lot of work and make it look easy. Congratulations.

/ 5103 Purchase
Okay, here's an update:

1) The loader arms do not come off, but the bucket detaches in about 30 seconds. I had a bale fork on in about a minute.
2) I was on the tractor less than an hour when I buried it to the back axle and had to pull it out with my truck. I messed up and was box blading in the rain without using the draft control. If I hadn't been so pissed, I could have taken a great picture. I was cussing not having 4WD at the time, but I think it was more operator stupidity than tractor specs.
3) I didn't get to spend too much time in the seat because of the crummy weather. What I did get to spend was pure heaven.
4) Imatch or another form of quick hitch is a MUST. I couldn't believe how easy it is to change implements.

Here's a pic of me and my "tractor buddy". He won't let me even think about starting the thing without him on it. I just have to keep the RPM low to keep the noise down.

Attachments

• TBN5103wBB.JPG
    TBN5103wBB.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 670
   / 5103 Purchase
If you guys want, I'll take some more pics, otherwise, I don't want to bore you.