5105M in the Hay Fields

/ 5105M in the Hay Fields #21  
I forgot....... Edward nice tractor...... I would have easily settled for the open station to save the coins but we now have reason for the cab......

Some of the CRP fields have large patches of poison ivy in them. We are only allowed to mow from July 15 to Aug 15 during the hottest time of the year. I would run through those patches and because I was sweating I would get it everywhere easily, even after bathing that night.... The first year I mowed I got ivy real bad. Even in the eyes, swollen closed....... Second, third, forth and fifth year, call me stupid, I still mowed again but this time I researched and found a product to wash down with called TECHNU. You can use this stuff within 4-8 hrs after exposure and it will still clean the ivy oil off. It truly works...... Great solution to a mowing the darn stuff but I would still get a poison ivy rash stripe right down the center of my back to the buttocks. LOL...... I figured from the July heat sweat running down my back and no way to use TECHNU in that area..... LOL.... there was no way to get the wifey to do it, she thinking I was contagious or something.... Oh well, gettn old now so the AC will be nice and no more poison ivy stripes to deal with........ Very nice tractor though......

I did want to ask... Your front tires look bigger than the standard 12.24's.... are they 13's???

/ 5105M in the Hay Fields #22  
A buddy of mine just ordered a 5105M about 2 weeks ago and they gave him a delivery date of late March. I was like huh? He wanted to use it this Winter. Are their other major changes other than the Tier IV engine and last years models? He said his was going to be a 2012 model. This guy bleeds green so I knew he would be getting a Deere, nothing wrong with that. I don't know how he's got along this long without a cab, man does a round baler ever make a lot dust.

He and his wife were over sometime ago, they had went and looked at a bull not too far from where we live, and he and I were out walking and shootin' the breeze and he was talking about finally getting a cab tractor he told me you only go around once. I told him, "I know that as much as anyone" after losing Jesse, our son, this past summer. He's right and he said, "he could go out and buy a new Corvette for less money but that tractor would probably put a bigger smile on my face".

This farm has been all red "IH" for somewhere around 80 years, until we bought the L3940 Spring of '10, we looked at the JD 4000 series and I really wanted to like it but after driving it and driving the Kubota, it had to be the Kubota for us this time. If we had to replace the 5140 we would look close at 6000 series Deere, I'm not sure the 5000 series would handle some of our implements, 12' Amco F17 Bog Harrow and a 14' CaseIH 475 finish disc harrow. Hopefully my wife won't have to replace anything bigger than she's replaced lately, she did buy a new NH 256 Rollabar Rake with dolly wheels and she replaced the old JD FBB Grain Drill with new JD BD1108 Grain Drill with 2" press wheels, she really likes the new drill. She only got in 40 acres Oats with it before the rains came this Fall. She kind of has a real mix of color here, JD 24T baler, '09 JD 448 round baler, JD 68 Grain cart, JD 71 planter, a NH Haybine (not sure of the number), IH 82 Combine, and some other various items.

Well I've babbled on long enough.
Later and Merry Christmas

/ 5105M in the Hay Fields #23  
Hello Hay.....

Your buddy is correct, March delivery but it is not a 5105m. Its the new teir 4 engines. They are changing two models the 5095m will become a 5100m and the 5105m becomes the 5115m. They uped the HP.... I did not get any feedback on body changes..... Kubota is a very nice machine from everything I read or researched.... The 9540 was a little light and the m100x is a fine machine. Great reviews and roomy cab.. I just preferred the fit and finish in the Deere.. Both great products...

Thanks for the input....

:thumbsup:

/ 5105M in the Hay Fields #24  
Sorry Grateful.... I meant to type Hey there not Hay there.....LOL....