5145 Hydraulics speed

/ 5145 Hydraulics speed #1  

BreakerFixer

Tractor
Mahindra 5145
I have a Mahindra 5145. This is the first Mahindra i have ever owned. I have noticed when working with the bucket loader or grapple the hydraulics seem to run slow. Raising curling or opening and closing the grapple clamps. Is there any adjustment on the flow speed of the fluid?

/ 5145 Hydraulics speed #2  
Increasing RPMs will increase the flow and how fast the hydraulics move. The only other option is to put a bigger hydraulic pump but that's often hard to do, since most hydraulic pumps on tractors are more or less proprietary.

/ 5145 Hydraulics speed
Thank you for you quick reply. That's what I kind of figured but i was wanting a different answer :-(

/ 5145 Hydraulics speed #4  
Thank you for you quick reply. That's what I kind of figured but i was wanting a different answer :-(
what RPM are you operating at?
mine is fine at 1500 or above and some times too fast at 2000 rpm, well it moves faster than the mental speed of the operator anyway.

the flow rate of the 5145 is in the mid 8s so no slouch, but that is at rated rpm not idle.

/ 5145 Hydraulics speed #5  
I have a 2023 Mahindra 5155, basically the same tractor as yours. I have the WR Long third function kit on mine, and I run mine around 1800 rpm or so, sometimes up to 2000 rpm when working my grapple or bucket. I've not had issues with speed... I do notice that the lower the rpms, the hydraulics do move slower.

/ 5145 Hydraulics speed
what RPM are you operating at?
mine is fine at 1500 or above and some times too fast at 2000 rpm, well it moves faster than the mental speed of the operator anyway.

the flow rate of the 5145 is in the mid 8s so no slouch, but that is at rated rpm not idle.
Usually around 1800rpm. I am used to running larger equipment and i guess it just seems slow to me.

/ 5145 Hydraulics speed
I have a 2023 Mahindra 5155, basically the same tractor as yours. I have the WR Long third function kit on mine, and I run mine around 1800 rpm or so, sometimes up to 2000 rpm when working my grapple or bucket. I've not had issues with speed... I do notice that the lower the rpms, the hydraulics do move slower.
I also have the WR Long 3rd function. Its probably just me as i used to larger equipment but recently purchased this tractor for use at home.
I see you are in South Carolina also. Hello from Belton!

/ 5145 Hydraulics speed #8  
I also have the WR Long 3rd function. Its probably just me as i used to larger equipment but recently purchased this tractor for use at home.
I see you are in South Carolina also. Hello from Belton!

Camden here. This is my first tractor ever, and I absolutely LOVE it. I don't have anything to compare it to. I bought the Mahindra 6' box blade, and the Mahindra grapple, it came with the FEL and bucket. I added ballast to my tires, and added a canopy, and a SawHaul scabbard for my chain saw.

I love this machine! I'm at around 40 hours on it so far... about time for the first service.

/ 5145 Hydraulics speed
Very similar setup. 3rd function with 66"grapple (don't remember the manufacturer)
6 ft bush hog
Already had
6ft Land pride box scape
6ft tiller
Other misc. Implements
38 hours

/ 5145 Hydraulics speed #10  
Hello from Lake Lure NC now to far from you. Six months in owning a 2023 5155. Really like this tractor so far.