5205 will not start

/ 5205 will not start
It was definitely the sensor. I disconnected it and replaced the fuse and the tractor started. I bought the new sensor today and plan on installing it, if it fails again, I probably will not bother. Thank you all for ur help.

/ 5205 will not start #12  
When you install the thermostat end, when it feels tight, stop turning, i found out the hard way that the brass fitting will not accept "just a little more" & had to buy another one.
Here in TN, the winter normally isn't below freezing very much, it would have to be an emergency for me to get on the tractor if it were much colder than that to begin with.
So far, mine has been in 3 years with no problems, i'll probably disconnect of it goes out again.

Ronnie

/ 5205 will not start #13  
Thanks guys! My 5205 wouldn't start and I traced it to the 30A fuse. Some rocket scientist replaced it with a 15A fuse somewhere along the line and I thought I had solved the problem. Which I did for a while until I started blowing the proper 30A fuse. I disconnected sensor and she fired right up!

Since its been an intermittent problem, I won't know for sure if I've really got it fixed but at least for now I am back in business on a time-critical project.

/ 5205 will not start #14  
:welcome: to TBN

disconnected sensor

Which sensor? on 30 A fuse ?? just curious..

For intermittent fuse blows, I have a light bulb soldered to a blown fuse to stick in the fuse slot.. if/when there is a short, the light bulb comes on. Helps to then play with wires and disconnecting things to try and track down a short without the expense and frustration of blowing another fuse.

/ 5205 will not start #15  
It痴 the 30A ignition circuit And dashboard lights fuse. Lower left in the fuse box.
The sensor is the cold start thermistor described earlier in the thread. Fortunately in NC in August, cold starting is pretty much the last of my worries.