5225 power reverser not working - tractor won't move

/ 5225 power reverser not working - tractor won't move
All the fuses check out, as do the relays behind the dash. And I have power to all dashboard warning lights and gauges.

My JD dealer gave me a wiring diagram which shows a ground wire coming off one of the relays. I will check that wire as well as the small ground wire attached to the negative battery terminal.

The problem has been fixed! And it was a blown fuse: the 10-amp F18 at fuse-block location 26 did not appear to be blown when I first checked it. But yesterday I decided to look at the fuses again and I found it. After I replaced it the power reverser, gauges, and warning lights work just fine. Thanks to all who gave me advice. :thumbsup:

Well, it happened again! The 10-amp mini-fuse #F18 blew last Saturday while I was mowing light grass with my Sitrex 3-PH mower. I'd used the tractor for only 2-3 hours since I first changed that fuse. This time I knew what to replace. But I sure would like to fix whatever is causing the fuse to blow. Here is what is on that circuit:
power-reverse shifter; neutral-position light; temp gauge; fuel gauge; tachometer; hour meter; speedometer; dashboard warning lights; MFWD light; PTO light. :confused3:

Last edited:
   / 5225 power reverser not working - tractor won't move #14  
Creekpaddler I had same scenario on my 4210 ehydro. Lost dash cluster and blown fuse. I found a connection at the starter corroded and the positive feed broke and dead shorted. Not sure if this helps but a place to look as mine was a junction for the fuse block.