53,54, or 5510?

/ 53,54, or 5510? #11  
Pat,

What the heck is a vandal package?

The armour kit the dealer told me about is part number BW00449 and he quoted a price of $615. I saw the package last week at the Farm Show and I don't think it is what I need. It was a covered the hydraulic lines on the FEL and provided a screened FEL hood guard/bumper. The real hood guard was a heavy steel cover the protected the top of the tractor. It coverd a good amount of the hood.

Hope this helps...
Dan McCarty

/ 53,54, or 5510? #12  
The vandal package consists of a locking instrument panel cover, filler caps and optional hood locks and locking side shields. It is aimed towards users with higher odds of vandalism such as ROW crews.

Thanks for the info.

Pat

/ 53,54, or 5510? #13  
Hmm,

I think I'm going to have to talk to the dealer about this package. If the price is right I might buy this.

Thanks for the info....
Dan

/ 53,54, or 5510? #14  
I'm assuming these are "two" wheel drive tractors not MFWD... unless the salesman fell out of bed and bumped his head? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ 53,54, or 5510? #15  
Pat,

Do you have any more info on the vandal package? I asked my salesman for a price and he can't find the package. Do you know what size/model line of tractor for the package? How long ago you saw it? Anything that might help him find the package.

Thanks...
Dan McCarty

/ 53,54, or 5510? #16  
I don't know if it's available as a package on the 53xx series, but it is an option on the 6210 series. Actually it is available as a factory option or the parts are available as "official" dealer add ons.

It's in the 6210 literature and used to be in the 5000 series literature (3-4 years ago). If you dealer is a "turf and lawn guy, he may not have seen the 6210.

Pat