530 for road maintenance

/ 530 for road maintenance #11  
Here's a link to a page that should be pretty helpful to you. Case 530CK - Tractor Specs

If you click on "manuals" in the menu on the left, I believe every manual for the 530 is on there. Downloadable, and best of all.., free..!!

Basic specs on the main page. All kinds of info in the menu at left.

I found this quite by accident, searching for a manual like this for what I thought was a 530. Turned out to be a 310B. Don't always believe the decals..., LOL...

/ 530 for road maintenance
Having a hard time getting the family to chip in on the ratchet rake, though they like the idea of it and the potential for the repairs. I would back drag it if I felt comfortable with lifting the front tires off the ground enough to actually put weight on the FEL. My problem is that leaves me with backing up the hill, hoping the old wore out thing has enough power to drag up hill. I sure as **** am not dragging backwards downhill, when my brakes are no where near satisfactory condition. Actually the most irritating thing on this one is the fact my one main hydraulic supply to the 'hoe is actually over my right brake pedal. WTF?

Anyway, a tooth bar setup crossed my mind. that will help with tearing into hard pack correct? Remove it and back drag and then drag their steel belting that smooths gravel pretty well.

/ 530 for road maintenance
Going to try making a bolt on rake. I have 1" steel welded to the cutting lip of the bucket, looks like 1/2" straps that countour the bucket up to the cylinder mounts. Is everything thick enough to handle a bolt on rake thats 1/4" steel, with (4) 1/2" bolts holding the rake to the lip?