3-Point Hitch 540 RPM PTO Question

/ 540 RPM PTO Question #13  
Interesting picture.:thumbsup:
Interesting trivia. That engine and its ducting is about the size of a DC-3 fuselage. And, the length of the md-11 fuselage is longer than the Wright bros
first flight. Sorry, I like tractors and airplanes:D

/ 540 RPM PTO Question #14  
Interesting trivia. That engine and its ducting is about the size of a DC-3 fuselage. And, the length of the md-11 fuselage is longer than the Wright bros
first flight. Sorry, I like tractors and airplanes:D

Both cool machines in their own right. I got an e-mail today, describing the new FA-22 raptors. 2 FA-22s went head to head with 8 F-15s in simulated combat. The raptors splashed all 8 F-15s without ever being detected by on-board or ground radar. They say the 22 has a "blackout" button. If the 22 is in imminent danger of missile strike, the pilot can punch the blackout button and the plane will make a 22 g u-turn then return to level flight while the pilot regains consciousness. Pretty cool stuff.:)

/ 540 RPM PTO Question #15  
Turns out the F22 can't communicate with other US aircraft and is not wanted on the battle field. No one wants to fly around at mach speeds not knowing where everyones located. Lockheed overlooked link 16 communication that all other US aircraft are communicating on, only a few hundred million for Lockheed to fix. What a screw up...

HS

/ 540 RPM PTO Question
Jim, I hear what your saying and think your doing the right thing. Get the camera charged-up for delivery day and record some more memories. Also, turtle wax brings out a nice luster in that blue paint:D. Also #2, before driving into shed/garage confirm status of ROP. I almost had an oh d*#m moment on day one.

Good advice on #2! I forget stuff when I'm thinking about other stuff (like where's the brake!), but because the ROP is behind the operator, the loud crunch of sheet metal and 2X4s will help to remind me it's there. I guarantee it will happen only once! :thumbsup:

/ 540 RPM PTO Question
Turns out the F22 can't communicate with other US aircraft and is not wanted on the battle field. No one wants to fly around at mach speeds not knowing where everyones located. Lockheed overlooked link 16 communication that all other US aircraft are communicating on, only a few hundred million for Lockheed to fix. What a screw up...

HS
Amazing. That sounds almost too crazy to believe. Talking about crazy, look at Yucca Mountain's nuclear waste repository in Nevada. Although the location was highly contested by environmentalists and residents from the very beginning, multi-billions were still invested by the FEDs to design and build this long term nuclear storage facility anyway. Then, after years of construction and coming close to completion, they got together and decided it was a bad idea and boarded the whole thing up. Does anyone wonder why we're broke? That 's why I prefer thinking about tractors. :confused2:

/ 540 RPM PTO Question #18  
Yeah turns out they didn't want them to transmit to keep them stealthy. So as of now they can receive on link16 but can only talk to a very special UAV of which there are only 20 right now. That's why their out of the fight in Libya.

HS

/ 540 RPM PTO Question #19  
Wow how threads get hijacked.
Anyone have thoughts on the F-35?
We are in election up here now and the big debate is the purchase of the F-35.

/ 540 RPM PTO Question #20  
Wow how threads get hijacked.
Anyone have thoughts on the F-35?
We are in election up here now and the big debate is the purchase of the F-35.

Did you say hijacked during a plane discussion? :laughing: