5420 3 pt will not lift

/ 5420 3 pt will not lift #1  

Redonthehead

Tractor
Deere 5420 MFWD
I was brush hogging the other day and stopped to pick something up. While off I found a hydraulic hose fitting on the FEL grapple leaking a fast drip. I was able to tighten it and stop the leak. But when I got back on the tractor to go the 3 point would not pick the mower up. Not even a twitch. I filled it with fluid, but it did not take much. The FEL loaded raises and lowers, so its not the pump.

I won't be able to get back to it for some time, but wanted some input. Could it just have air in a line and I need to cycle the FEL and steering a bunch to work out any air? I wouldn't think its a filter or screen since it seems to have gone "bad" all of a sudden.

I tried to look at lever linkage but it was nearly dark.

Anything else I need to read up on before I go back and try again?

/ 5420 3 pt will not lift #2  
I have PDF's of the tech manuals you're welcome to. If needed shoot me your email

Joe

/ 5420 3 pt will not lift
I found the trouble. This tractor has a add-on variable speed SCV system added to it. My FIL (the original owner) had put it on to be able to vary the speed of hydraulic driven motors - most notably a grain auger.

Anyway, I walked up the tractor with the afternoon sun hitting the back of the tractor and just happened to notice a hose had popped out loose in it connection. I pushed it back in and voila! the 3 point worked. I don't understand the system and why this would effect the 3 pt, but it did.

Joe I appreciate your offer and will still take you up on it for future work. Thanks!