55 gal. stand, hose, nozzle?

/ 55 gal. stand, hose, nozzle? #11  
I was going to gravity feed too out of a 55 gal drum, but thought it would be a pain to get the filled drum up high enough especially since I wanted to put it inside the building and the FEL would be hard to get it where I wanted it. I bought a 12v pump off of EBAY for about $120 and bought a inline filter for about $30. I just hook to battery to fill up. I hate cans because it seems like anytime you need to put fuel in they are empty. I think that you get more dirt in the tank dumping from cans than you do from a tank and pump. I only use 2 or 3 drums a year so going every 3 to 5 months to fill the tank 5 miles away isn't too bad.

/ 55 gal. stand, hose, nozzle? #12  
instead of building a platform (that you then have to pump fuel UP to) why not put the drum on a pallet and lift it with the FEL use a standard ball valve on the end of a hose to fill your tank. lower the drum when done and store where ever you want. you can also load it in the back of the truck or trailer and fill it your self at the local station. I do this with one of those 20 gallon fuel tanks.
good luck

/ 55 gal. stand, hose, nozzle? #13  
I had the same issue filling dozer, tractor and toys on the ranch. After keepin eye out for awhile, bought a 4' x 5' fairly heavy duty but older trailer for $200. Put two 55 gal drums on it, one for diesel one for gas, welded bracing on trailer to which they're held with a tie-down strap. A hand pump for the tanks works great, can fill the 30 gal dozer in a couple of minutes. I thought of just loading and unloading the drums with my FEL but decided the trailer was a better permanant solution, and works well for taking the fuel to where the dozer is vs the other way around.